Chapter Twenty Six

Mason's P.O.V
As my relationship with Justin progressed, I felt more and more for him each day. I felt the heart stammering when he held my hand or smiled that smile at me.

I never knew those things existed in real life, but I felt it. But that doesn't mean love, right? I couldn't love him, it's only been over a month.

I pushed my thoughts and feelings aside, deciding to ignore them.

I sighed as I leant against the counter. it was unusually quiet today, we'd had around ten customers so far.

"Mason, may I ask why you're stood around doing nothing?"

I inwardly groaned, hearing my boss from behind me.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but we've got no customers." I turned to look at him.

I'm sick of my boss giving me crap whenever Justin isn't around, he wouldn't dare when Justin is with me.

"There's still a lot to be doing; clean the tables, take out the trash, sort the counter out. Do something."

I sighed. "I have a quick question."

"Yes?" He sighed.

"Why do you give me such a hard time? It's no one else, just me and I'm sick of it." I stated.

"I don't know why I ever took you on board, you're just a little brat who always has to get her own way." He sneered at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked with disbelief.

"I'd fire you right now if my boss would let me." He grumbled.

"You're a rude person, do you know that?" I shot at him.

"Well, Mason, if you weren't so annoying and actually did some work instead of slutting around with that boy of yours, maybe I'd like you more. How is he, by the way? Or has he dumped you since you've already let him fuck you dry and he realised you're nothing special." He spat at me as he grabbed my wrist, and not lightly.

"I don't know where all of this is coming from but if you don't get your hands off me, I will kick you so hard in your balls you'll be able to taste them." I spat back.

I tried acting confident when in reality, I was scared shitless. I always knew my boss disliked me from the day I started, I just didn't think he had this much hatred for me.

He continued to grip my wrist, tightening his grip more and more. I hissed in pain.

"Let go, you're hurting me." I weakened.

"You'll tell no one about this, you understand?" He spat at me, his face inches from my face.

I said nothing, instantly hinting to him that I wasn't promising anything.

"Do you want me to break this little wrist of yours? I'm sure Justin wouldn't like that with how well you must please him if he's still with you." He smirked.

I instantly wanted to throw up, I nodded hysterically.

He let go of my hand and stormed off.

I stood there holding my wrist, in complete shock. What the hell was that?

Do I tell someone? I have to tell someone, right? But what would happen if I did?

Most importantly, do I tell Justin? It'd only make things worse.

I suddenly noticed I was shaking, and my breathing was unsteady, I was so confused.

I just thanked the heavens above I got off work early today. The second the clock struck three, I shot out, not even greeting Frankie when he was about to start his shift.