Chapter Nine - Edited

Mason's P.O.V
My mind was racing as I tried catching my breath. Did that really just happen? Did I dream that?

I continued to stare into Justin's eyes with his still gazing back. His eyes travelled down to my lips again, just like they did a few minutes ago but quickly shot up to my eyes again.

He cleared his throat. "Um.." He gulped.

I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment, and purely because I was completely flustered.

"That was..that was good." He stumbled with his words. His hand was now resting on the back of the couch while my hands rested in my lap.

I just hummed in response, completely lost in the moment. I was watching him but my brain was replaying how good his lips felt, how good his touch felt.

"I better go, it's getting kinda late." He said quietly, his eyes still hadn't moved from my face.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you out." I said, deflated. As I stood up and walked towards the door, I heard shuffling behind me and knew he was following me.

We both stood outside of my place, staring at each other in silence. Although he seemed to hesitate, Justin slowly leaned his head down and placed slow, lazy pecks on my lips causing my eyes to fall shut, before pecking my forehead. He sent me a small smile that said 'goodbye' and turned to walk down the stairs.

Twenty minutes later I found myself laid in bed thinking about that kiss. I enjoyed it, but did Justin? The way he quickly rushed off said he didn't, but the multiple small kisses he gave me at the door said otherwise.

As I almost drifted off to sleep, I heard my phone vibrate against the wooden table next to me. I pick it up and saw I had a text from Justin. It was followed by another that caused my heart to skip a beat.

 It was followed by another that caused my heart to skip a beat

So he did like it.

Justin's P.O.V
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the feeling of her lips off mine, I could kiss her all day. I've never felt that before.

It was unusual, for me, to feel so affected by a kiss. If Mason were any other girl that I'd met in a club or a bar, I'd have slept with her and never given her a second glance.

I don't even remember the kiss happening or how it happened but I was 99% sure it was my boner taking control when it took place.

As I laid in bed, I remembered her face when we pulled away from each other. Her cheeks, like always, turned a deep shade of pink and she looked taken back, but flustered. I smiled.