The Next Morning

Jane woke up from Maura poking her side with a goofy grin on her face.
"Hey Tootsie, wanna come take the pregnancy test with me?" Maura whispered and crawled on top of Jane's body.
"Sure baby doll lemme just put a robe on." Jane responded as she kissed Maura's forehead. They got up and threw on robes, and shuffled their way into the bathroom so Maura could take the pregnancy test. She did it and they went out to the living room. Maura was trembling and Jane held her In her arms. The three minutes felt grueling but the result finally came.
negative.

Maura's POV: There is no way it is negative. This was supposed to work! Dammnit! I start to cry and curl up in Jane's arms against her chest and just bawl. She holds me tight and comforts me. I'm so grateful for her. I don't want to go through another disappointment right now so I asked her if we could wait a little longer before we tried again.

Jane's POV: It didn't work. I think Maura is devastated because it took a lot of courage for her to do the procedure and it failed. I think she is really discouraged by this. I'm going to take her out to the diner for some food.
~~~
"C'mon baby doll lets go out to eat. that'll make you feel better." Jane whispered into Maura's hair. Maura nodded.
"Okay.." Maura whispered and leaned up but not completely so she was still touching Jane. Jane carried her so that they could get dressed since they were both only in robes. On the way, Jane's robe slipped open revealing her naked body and Maura grinned as Jane put her down.
"Hey Tootsie." Maura whispered and before Jane could even look up Maura tackled her in the bed and they made love and at the end they were both panting really hard.
Maura started to cry again though because of how discouraging the news about the baby was.
"Baby doll..." Jane whispered and took her wife into her arms for comfort.
She sat Maura up and put on her clothes for her. Maura smiled. Jane kissed her lips and when they parted Jane took Maura's hand and they walked out to the car to go to the diner.