Chapter 24

Maura Pov
The ride was silent to the doctor and I could tell that Jane was worried about me. She took my hand and squeezed it which made me feel a little better but I still felt queasy.
"You are gonna do great." Jane looked at me as we pulled into the parking lot. I nodded and started to tear up a little bit.
"Jane I don't want to go." I did my best to hold back tears as we stood in the parking lot.
"I know you don't baby girl but you have too and I'll be there the whole time right next to you like I always am." Jane gave me a hug and we walked inside holding hands. I was already shaking a little bit but I squeezed Jane's hand when I got nervous and sure enough it worked and it always managed to calm me down.. We walked in and I was immediately taken into a room. I sat on the exam bed and the cloth gown I was supposed to wear was sitting behind me. I eyed it nervously knowing that i would have to put it on before the doctor came in. I looked at Jane anxiously and she came closer to me and hugged me.
"You'll be okay. I promise. " She whispered into my hair. She gently started to take my clothes off to put the gown on. She got down to my underwear and glanced up at me.
"You okay?" She had such love in her voice that it made me feel a little better. I nodded and let her take the rest of my clothes off. My face flushed red as I looked down at my screwed up body. My stitching and bruises looked horrible. Jane slipped the paper gown on. She gave me another kiss and wrapped her gentle arms around my body. I smiled weakly and she gently pushed me so I was laying on my back on the bed waiting for the doctor to come to start the exam. it was silent while laying there and I was anxiously playing with the string on the robe. I looked at Jane as she was watching me in awe. I couldn't hold back anymore as tears slowly started to fall.
...
Jane Pov
When maura started to cry, it broke my heart to see her so scared. I quickly stood up and gave her a hug and kissed the top of her head and held her in my arms as she sat there crying. It was pretty sad to watch. I kissed her again until she started to calm down again.
"Its the same doctor as last time baby girl so if you feel uncomfortable just say something and she will be patient." I soothingly said to my distraught wife as I gently layed her back down. I leaned over maura and was hovering over her for a few minutes just watching her until she calmed down again. She weakly smiled again and I kissed her once more. I sat down next to her in the chair by the exam table and held her hand until the doctor came in. It took a few minutes but the doctor came in and smiled warmly at us.
"Hello ladies how are you?" She slowly sat down and was writing something on her clipboard.
"So, Maura, is everything alright how are you holding up?" Our OB knew what had happened and everything that went along with it and was overall a very pleasant person. I could tell that maura was calmed down a bit by how friendly she was trying to be.
"I'm okay I guess. Still overly uncomfortable but other than that..." Maura responded. The OB smiled patiently.
"You ready?" She looked at me and then to Maura. Maura nodded slowly abd hesitantly as she put her feet in the stirrups.