Chapter 33

Eight Months Later
...
Maura POV
The past few months have been the worst and best of times. It is really stressful carrying a child and having to finalize all the adoption papers for Ellen. She was back to living with us and I love that little girl so much. Jane does as well and Ellen is so excited to finally having a normal life. She is even back in school and making new friends in 1st grade. Our routine is pretty basic until I go back to work which I can't wait to do because Pike is about to get murdered by Jane.
"Hi Jane, I got lonely without anyone home." I talked to my wife on the phone while getting ready to shower.
"I'll be home soon Maura I promise. Dorthea is going to be over in about an hour anyway with Hannah so you will have someone to talk to you until I come back. No promises on anything though because this serial killer is out there and I need to get him. Even if it means that I shoot him to death." Jane sighed.
"Whatya doin" she then asked me with love in her voice.
"Getting ready to shower. My abdomen is very large.." I muttered under my breath.
Jane gave a gentle laugh.
"If you shower, be careful please. I don't want you falling because you can't stand correctly with extra weight on you."
I smiled at Jane's voice.
"Okay Tootsie. I'll be careful but did you know the rate of pregnant women have gone-"
Jane laughed and cut me off.
"Maura, just be careful. I gotta go, if I can't pick Ellen up from school today would you like to try and go?"
I smiled.
"Yes of course, I would love to pick up our daughter. I love you and I'll talk to you later, okay?"
"I love you to Maura, talk to you later."
We hung up and I hopped in the shower allowing the hot water to beat against my skin. I thought about our family's future. I was mommy and Jane was mama to our children. They would most likely when they got older call us Mom and Ma. We decided to not have more children because we have three already. I finished my shower and looked at the time. It was 2:30 and Hannah wasn't here yet. I picked up my phone as I got in the car to pick up Ellen from school.
"Hi Maura I'm running a little late." Hannah's voice was rushed. I guess Thea was being fresh because I could hear the 4 year old in the back round.
"It's okay Hannah, I have to go get Ellen anyway but if I'm not back when you get here, just let yourself in. " I said to her as I pulled out of the driveway.
"Okay thanks Maura, see you in a bit." Hannah hung up as I got to the school. It was my first time here because Jane usually brought the seven year old to and from school. I got out of the car and went to where the crowd of parents were standing. The bell rang and the teacher had the kids point to where they were going. I had eye contact with Ellen and a smile spread across her face. I waved as it was her turn so that the teacher saw me. To my surprise the teacher told Ellen to stay by her. My daughter continued to point at me and I heard her say, "That's my Mommy!"

The teacher was refusing to let Ellen go so I walked up to them and looked at the teacher.
"Is there a problem? Why won't you let me take my daughter?"
Ellen's teacher had confusion on her face.
"You aren't her mother. Jane Rizzoli-Isles is her mother. Only parental units can pick up the children unless otherwise noted."
I felt like slapping the lady.
"Jane is my wife! I am Maura Rizzoli-Isles!" I tried to sound calm so that Ellen wouldn't get worried.
I hadn't realized that Ellen had come next to me.
"Mommy can we go home now please, I'm hungry." She was pulling on my sleeve.
"Yes Ellen just give Mommy a minute." I smiled at her as she nodded and leaned into my pregnant body.
"Ellen who is this?" The teacher asked her and I was really getting angry now.
"Miss Laurie! I told you! This is my mommy! Mama is the one that usually picks me up but this is Mommy!" Ellen sternly yelled at her.
"Okay, I am sorry for the trouble." The teacher gave in and finally left me alone. I rolled my eyes as I walked away holding Ellen's hand as we went to the car.
"Mommy, is sissy and Thea still coming?" Ellen smiled at me as I put her in the booster seat.
"Yes they are sweetie. They are going to stay for dinner." I answered to Ellen and kissed her forehead before I got into the driver's seat. We drove home and I was listening to Ellen as she talked about her day. She really loved school and it was nice to know she was making friends. We got home and Hannah was already there so when we got inside, Thea and Ellen had started to play with stuffed animals. Thea was more of a friend to Ellen even though Thea was technically Ellen's niece. They hung out in the living room while me and Hannah were cooking spaghetti for everyone. I didn't think Jane would be coming home again for the second night and I became sad because I'd have to sleep alone tonight again.
Hannah could tell what I was thinking I guess because she nudged my arm with her hand.
"Have you decided what you are going to name the baby?" She warmly smiled at me as she continued to prep some garlic bread.
I smiled.
"Yes we have an idea."
Hannah laughed.
"Well are you going to tell me or leave me hanging?!" We laughed for a moment together.
"It's a secret." I hated not telling anyone but we wanted it to be a surprise. We stood there chuckling for a moment when all of a sudden I felt a surge of liquids come from beneath my legs. I looked down and Hannah turned to see what was happening. My water had broke.