Chapter 17

Maura Pov
I'm barely alive. I want to die. Ian has covered my body with rose petals and left me to die. He had slit my breasts open and in was bleeding pretty badly. If I stay alive I want to kill myself. I hear banging at the door as I fell the world close behind me.
...
Jane Pov
"BPD OPEN UP!" I yelled and when there wasn't an answer I shouldered the door down and stumbled in the house. It smelled like fresh blood as me and Korsak searched the premises before we went into the basement. We went downstairs and without thinking I ran right into Ian and held him on the gorunf.He didn't deserve to live.
"Where's Maura you fucking son of a bitch?!" I screamed at him with my gun against his head.
He grinned.
"She's dead." My heart wrenched at the thought of finding her lifeless body. Without thinking I shot his knees as he bent over pleading me to stop. I was furious.
"Jane!" Korsak yelled as I shot a bullet into Ian's head. I don't care how much trouble I would get in. He deserved it. Korsak looked at me and we ran to look upstairs for Maura. It smelt like blood up here really bad. There was a room with its door shut. I opened it and sure enough Maura was on the bed. She had rose petals all over her and she was bleeding. Her eyes were shut.
"Korsak get the blanket and call an ambulance!" I yelled as I went over to her and took her hands out of the handcuffs. I felt tears sting my eyes as I felt for a pulse. I was stunned. there was a pulse. It was very weak but it was there!
I sank down next to her.
"Maura! Wake up help is on its way!" I realized her breasts were slashed and without thinking I took off my shirt and gently held it on to stop the blood. Luckily at least I was wearing an undershirt. She was bruised pretty badly and I think her rib or ribs were broken. Her face was swollen and black and blue. I heard Korsak come up the stairs. He handed me a blanket. I covered a big portion of her body with it so there was at least a little modesty.
"Maura.." I whispered and her eyes slowly opened and she started trembling.
"Shh baby doll it's okay. Its just me." I reassuringly said to her. She calmed down but instantly she passed out again. At least she was alive and the ambulance was on its way.