Chapter 20

Maura Pov
I don't think either of us went to sleep. Jane was worried about me and I had so many thoughts in my head. She was lovingly playing with my hair while we were laying there silently in the dark together. I felt so ashamed and dirty and this happening for a second time would just cause Jane to stress out. I stood up and went to the bathroom and shut the door. I knew the easiest ways to kill myself and what arteries I could hit and bleed to death. But I opened the cabinet and took out a new razor. Something stopped me from hitting something major but I slashed my wrists and whispered slightly when I watched the blood flow all over the bathroom and I don't know what encouraged me to do it but I whispered quietly, "Jane Help."
...
Jane Pov
It was very hard to hear but I heard Maura's scared voice call my name so I shot out of bed and went to the bathroom and when I walked in I nearly cried. Maura had tears running down her face and she had cut her wrists with a razor and was bleeding pretty badly. I rushed over and grabbed a washcloth and wrapped her hands in them to stop the blood.
"Maura baby doll..." I quietly said as I was crouched in her pool of blood holding her hands close to me in the washcloth. She was crying pretty bad now and when I was sure the bleeding had stopped I grabbed gauze wraps and wrapped then around her slashes so they could heal. When I finished, she was still crying and she looked at me.
"I'm sorry." she whispered so quietly and sat there crying as I wrapped my arms around her and she bawled into my chest.
"Maura, sweetie..." I held her close and kissed her forehead. She was still crying and I decided that she should get fresh pajamas since hers were covered in blood. I let go of her for a moment and went to get her new pajamas out of the drawer. I came back and got a towel to get some of the blood off her and off the floor. I then peeled off her shirt which she seemed a little uncomfortable with but I would understand why. I could see where the scar was going to be before I out her shirt on. I gave her fresh pants and helped her up and held her hand as we crawled back into bed. This time, I wrapped my arms around her and she was completely against my chest crying and crying as I held her there to let it all out.