Chapter 29

Jane Pov
The next few weeks went by pretty fast and we were ready to head out for the four week appointment. Maura and I were barely intimate at all though. I don't mind because I love her anyway but she hasn't even been asking me to strip my top off so she could sleep against my bare skin. She still allowed me to wrap my arms around her though. We walked out to the car and drive to the clinic.
"Ready Maura?" I looked at her and squeezed her hand.
She smiled slightly and nodded.
I looked at her as we got in the car.
"If they make you uncomfortable just tell them okay?" I smiled as I pushed her blonde hair out of her face.
"Okay" Maura whispered. We drove to the clinic in silence.
...
Maura Pov
We got to the clinic and I guess you could say I was nervous. Especially since it was Ian's child. We walked inside and I wrapped my arms around Jane for protection as we walked. She always knew how to make me feel safe. She sat me down as she signed me in and we waited for the doctor to call us in.
I put my hand in hers as we sat on the cushioned bench. I rested my head on her shoulder. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and held me close to her which calmed me down a little bit.
"You are going to be fine, I promise." Jane whispered in my ear and kissed my temple gently. I looked up at her. How she managed to look beautiful in her sweatpants and BPD shirt was amazing to me. I was wearing a V-neck red shirt with a nice pair of black skinny jeans. It was unlike me to wear this but I was and it was okay I guess.
I was lost out of my trance when the doctor finally called us in.
Jane stood up and walked next to me as we went into the examination room.
...
Jane Pov
"Okay Maura so we are going to take your four week ultrasound today." The nurse seemed friendly as she got the gel ready.
"Okay I need you to lift your shirt to the bottom of your bra line." The nurse stood patiently as Maura nervously pulled up her shirt. She looked at me anxiously and I smiled and squeezed her hand. The nurse started the ultrasound but looked confused as she looked at the screen.
Maura looked at the nurse.
"Is everything alright?" Her voice was tight and I could tell she would cry if something happened to the baby.
"This baby is older than four weeks. This child is six weeks. When was this baby conceived?" The nurse looked at me and then it hit me. The baby inside of Maura was the child that supposedly had failed when we tried that procedure. That means the child wasn't Ians. It was ours.