Healing Broken Wounds

Maura's POV: It certainly surprised me to see Jane come into my office with a young girl in her arms. She shyly smiled at me and placed the trembling child down and explained what was happening. I was glad that she chose to come to me instead of one of the many other doctors.
~~~
"Hey Ellen, " Jane said softly. "This is my wife Maura. She can help you feel better." Maura knelt down by Ellen.
"Hi Ellen, may I check you over and get your ankle in a cast?"
Ellen squirmed a little bit but reluctantly agreed.
"Okay sweetie, can you tell us how you got all these bruises and hurt your ankle?" Jane asked sweetly as Maura examined her.
"Umm..you promise not to tell?" Ellen quietly asked.
"Of course."
"Well, my dad would drink something out of a bottle and would make me take my clothes off..." Ellen started to tremble.
"Honey, did he make you take your underwear off too?" Maura sympathetically asked and Ellen nodded.
"He would hold me down and hurt me really bad and would leave me there bleeding. His hands always hit me." Ellen started to cry.
"I saw him killing my mommy, and he smashed my leg with a hammer and I managed to get away but my mommy is dead." She sat there crying and Maura and Jane comforted her.
"Where am I going now?" Ellen asked now aware of how unsure her future was.
Jane quickly responded with, "You can come home with us. We have an extra big bedroom all to yourself!" She tried to sound enthusiastic. Jane was unsure what was going to come tonight with Maura but it was a start at healing their relationship.

Jane's POV: I can't believe that I'm going back home tonight. I'm very worried but I hope we can heal our relationship. It's all thanks to this little girl that we can start to trust and learn to love each other like we did not so long ago. It's been a long day and I chose to take Ellen to get cleaned up and get her some food. She wanted chicken nuggets and so I got them and she ate them right up. When we got home, I saw that Maura's car was there and I knew she must be home. Knots formed in my stomach so I tried to keep myself distracted by helping Ellen inside with her newly casted leg.
~~~
"Are you guys my new mommies?" Ellen asked while she sat on the couch and propped up her foot.
"If that's what you would like." Jane responded.
"Can I go to sleep?" Ellen yawned.
"Of course! C'mon, let's put you in your room." Jane picked Ellen up and put her in the guest room bed so she could sleep. Meanwhile Jane walked back into the kitchen and saw Maura with a sad face.
"I'm glad you came home." Maura whispered trying to hold back tears.
"I'm glad you let me." Jane responded, watching her wife try not to cry.
"It's my fault Jane. I made a giant mistake and I regret so terribly. I haven't eaten since the incident because every time I try, I end up throwing it up because the images of you make me so sad. I love you so much and I really don't want to lose you." Maura was crying now.
"Please forgive me." She whispered through tears.
That's all Jane had to hear. She went up to Maura and wrapped her arms around Maura's thin body. Maura melted into Jane's arms and just cried and cried.
"I forgive you. God I missed you." Jane whispered into Maura's hair. Maura continued to cry in Jane's arms and Jane held her tight until she stopped. Jane picked Maura up and placed her on the counter and Maura wrapped her legs around Jane's slim hips. Jane picked her up and had her hands on Maura's butt which made Maura grin as Jane carried her to their bedroom.
"Jane?" Maura asked as Jane placed her on the bed and started to take her clothes off.
"Yeah?" Jane grunted as she was fumbling with buttons.
"I love you."
Jane smiled.
"Well good, I love you too."
Maura and Jane finished getting undressed and Jane thrusted herself against Maura and Maura kissed Jane through groans. They eventually fell asleep together with tangled sheets and sweaty bodies.