Return

Jane's POV: I was happy that I got to have Thea tonight. On our walk home, Thea was talking about horses and how she really hopes to be able to ride on one. I laughed. She had no clue about horses but if she was still interested in a few years, then I will look into being able to get her riding lessons or something. In the mean time, she can continue playing with her little plastic horses. She had one in her hand that she was telling me about. She said it's name was Horsey. It was her favorite. We got to my mother's, and since it was lunchtime, Ma made us food.
~~~
"Here you go girls." Ma said cheerfully as she handed Jane and Thea grilled cheese.
"Thanks Ma." Jane said as she she ate.
"Yeah thanks GG!" Thea exclaimed as she munched on her sandwich.
When they finished eating, Thea was tired so she took a little nap for about two hours in Jane's bed and Jane joined her. She fell asleep with Dorthea snuggled up against her. After their nap, Jane turned on the news, saw that there was a murder and she was just waiting for the call to go to the crime scene.
Sure enough, it was only a few minutes before she got the call.
"Bye Ma!" Jane said as she left the house and took her mother's car to the scene. When she got there, she was greeted by her partners, Barry Frost and Vince Korsak.
"Hey Rizzoli." They greeted in unison.
"Hey Guys, What do we got?" She asked as the three of them went into the house.
Blood was everywhere. The walls had arterial spray and brain matter. I'm the center of the room was two bodies. A man and a woman. The woman was covered in bruises and had a gunshot to her chest. The man was unharmed except for the gun shot to his head. They were taking photos and looking for a lead. What it looked like though, was that the husband abused and shot the wife and then shot himself in the head.

Jane's POV:  It was pretty clear that this man killed himself and his wife but we had to call the morgue anyway to get the bodies. That's when I heard it. The familiar sound of clicking heels.
I turned around to see Maura standing there. It was obvious she didn't want to look at me.
"Hello Detective." She said.
"Hello Dr. Isles." I responded back. Her face looked hurt. She had taken my last name so it was Rizzoli-Isles. Everyone called her 'Isles' anyway, but for me to say it must've killed her inside. I walked past her and found a closed door in the hallway. I took out my gun and slowly opened the door.
What I saw struck me like a truck. It was a little girls room. We were missing a child.