Chapter 25

Maura Pov
As spread my legs to get examined I looked at how our doctors face had turned sad at the sight of my damaged body. I could feel as she slowly but gingerly started the examination. Jane kept me distracted the whole time and her hand was stuck in the violent squeeze of mine the whole time.
"You doing okay Maura?" The doctor stopped and smiled gently. I nodded hesitantly when her smile softened and she asked me, "Maura could you be pregnant?" Her eyes looked at mine.
"I think I am..." I whispered with tears in my eyes. Jane kissed my cheek and wiped the tears off my face.
"Okay Maura, thats okay. Do you want to take a test?" She sympathetically looked at me and Jane answered for me.
"Yes could we?" Jane took the strip and the doctor left us in private as we shuffled into the bathroom in the corner of the examination room. Jane gave me the strip and looked at me.
"Do you want me to wait outside the bathroom?" Her gaze was on me as I slowly shook my head yes. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, as a matter of fact, that was the last thing I wanted to do. She stood up from her crouching position and kissed my forehead. "Okay baby doll. Come out when you are ready. " She shut the door behind her and I went to the bathroom and watched the color of the strip turn change. I was pregnant.
...
Jane POV
I could hear shuffling in the bathroom and knew that somwthing was up. I stayed sitting in my armchair in the room waiting for Maura as she came out with tears pouring down her face.
"Jane I am pregnant." She whispered so quietly. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her. I could feel her go limp as I held her up and sat her back down on the bed so she was facing me.
"I just hoped it wasnt true...." She mumbled and played with my hair as tears slid down her cheeks.
"Its okay baby. Nothing was your fault." I looked at her lovingly.
She nodded and let her head fall into my chest.
"I love you." I could here her whimper as she barely said it. I kissed her head softly.
"I love you too." I held her in my arms as the doctor came back in.
"Hey ladies, what is the verdict?"
The doctor sighed and could tell what the answer was going to be. "Okay Maura, you have a few options." She took out a form.
"You could continue with the pregnancy or you could abort it. Its completely up to you." The doctor handed maura a form and a pamphlet on different options. Maura looked at me with anxiety written across her face.
"I can't kill it." Her voice cracked as she leaned her head back into my chest.
The doctor stood there patiently as maura had a mental breakdown.
"Thats okay baby. Would you like to keep it? I will do whatever you want me to do maura."
I whispered to her.
She took a deep breath and looked at the doctor.
"I'd like to keep it." Maura whispered. The doctor nodded and gave her instructions for prenatal care. I helped her put her clothes back on and we went home.