Chapter 27

Jane Pov
I woke up with Maura still against me and I didn't dare move from my position. Instead I watched her sleep and held her close. I heard my phone vibrating next to me. It was my mom. I carefully leaned over to get it.
"Hey What's up?" I whispered in the cell phone.
"Hi mommy it's Ellen." I heard the little girl speak from the other side of the line.
"What's up sweetie,how are you? I miss you." I tried to stay quiet but Maura shifted awake and was sleepily watching me.
"Umm well, this man that my dad knew I think, took me and Grandma Angela to this place and he wants to know where something is. I'm really scared." Ellen sighed and I could hear mumbling from the other side.
"Ellen, baby, listen to me. Give the phone to the man. Stay safe. I love you." I was close to tears and Maura looked at me with worry.
Ellen did as told.
"Hello detective Rizzoli." A gravelly voice sneered.
"Who are you what do you want?" I tried to stay calm. But he quickly responded.
"1 million in cash. You have 8 hours till I shoot them both. Understand?"
I paused.
"Who are you?"
"I'm not telling you." And with that, he hung up.
"Jane what happened?" Maura was very concerned and looked at me anxiously.
"Somebody has my Ma and Ellen." I stood up and Maura did as well.
"Oh Jane, we have to find them." Maura started to get dressed while I threw my hair back in a ponytail.
"Maura I want you to stay home. I don't want anything to happen to you." I looked at my wife.
"Jane can I at least come and stay at your desk? Please? I want to help." Maura pleaded and I gave in and let her come. We jumped in my car and zoomed to BPD.
-
"Frost! I need you to trace this number! This man has my daughter and mother. It's from my ma's phone so it should be traceable." I yelled across the room as Maura sat in my chair like I told her to.
He tracked it back to a hours that was oh so familiar. Ian's house.
"Oh my god." I covered my hand over my mouth and hoped maura didnt see. Sure enough she did and her face fell and she looked down at the floor. I kissed her gently.
"Maura, baby, I'm gonna go get them okay? You stay here. I love you." I looked at her and I could tell she was growing uncomfortable.
"Don't get killed tootsie." Maura whispered with worry written all over her face.
For the first time in ages she actually initiated a kiss as she brought her face to mine. I smiled lovingly as we parted and went to find my mother and Ellen.