Chapter 34

Maura Pov
I looked at Hannah when we realized what was happening.
"Maura, get in the car." Hannah ordered for me. I did as told and got in the car and took my phone out to call Jane while Hannah got Ellen and Thea in the car because we couldn't leave them by themself.
"Mommy where are we going?" Thea asked Hannah as Hannah got in the driver seat to take me to the hospital.
"Glammy's going to have Ellen's and I's sister today. We are going to the hospital." She started the car and started to drive as I called Jane.
"Hey Maura what's up?" Her raspy voice answered me on the second ring of the phone. I was in the process of having a contraction when she answered so I was basically screaming into the phone.
"JANEEEE! SHES COMING IM GIVING BIRTH!" I yelped in pain.
"Maura!? Maura, I'll be at the hospital in ten minutes I'm coming right now!" She frantically spoke into the phone and I heard her shuffling outside to her car. I started to cry. It hurt pretty badly.
"Mommy! Mommy it's okay don't cry!" I heard Ellen behind me and I reached my extra hand back where she was to hold her hand.
"Maura, baby, I am on my way hang in there. Can you do that for me?" Jane tried to keep me calm as we were on the phone.
"I don't know Jane. Please hurry." I whimpered into the phone and squeezed Ellen's hand.
We got to the hospital and Hannah ran inside to get help. I saw Jane's car pull in next to mine and Angela's was behind hers.
I hung up on the phone as Jane opened my side of the car and crouched down next to me.
"Ma, take Thea and Ellen inside please." She looked at her mother who nodded as she took the little girls' hands and went inside.
Jane leaned inside the car and pushed my hair out of my face.
....
Jane Pov
"You okay Maura? The nurses are going to be out here any minute." I held Maura's hand as contractions kept occurring.
"Jane, my contractions are really close together, she's going to come very soon. I don't know if I can make it insi-AHG! JANE SHE IS GOING TO BE BORN IN THIS CAR!" Maura had anxiety in her eyes as I shifted her so she was facing me and I gently slid her sweatpants and underwear off. I didn't want her to feel exposed though so I took my jacket off and covered around her hips while she spread her legs. Where were the nurses? Maura was giving birth right in our car and apparently I was the one that was going to deliver it.
"Jane!!" Maura whimpered pathetically as she squeezed my hand trying not to push until the doctors came.
"Just push baby girl, it's okay I can do this, I am married to a doctor, remember?" I winked at Maura and she grinned for a brief second as she just gave up on trying not to push and started to scream.
"Okay Maura, I see a head, keep going you are doing great!" I continued to encourage my wife as the doctors finally rushed outside and took where I was to see the progress of where it was. I stood in a spot where I could hold Maura's hand so she could continue to squeeze it.
When the doctor removed my jacket so he could see better, maura got even more stressed out and so i leaned in the car so our faces were almost touching so that she wouldn't have to pay attention to how much of her body was showing.
She continued to moan in distress as she pushed out our daughter. I held her hand tightly and kept her distracted by talking to her when we heard the doctor yell, "she's out!"
I kissed Maura passionately and went over to the doctor who gave me the scissors so I could cut the chord. I cut it and smiled as the nurses covered Maura again and helped her in the stretcher as other nurses took our daughter. I went into the hospital with Maura and was walking next to her stretcher into her room.
I sat down in a chair next to her as the nurse took her vitals. When she left I looked over at my exhausted looking wife.
"Good job Maur, I knew you could do it." I leaned over and kissed her gently as she kissed me back. I had brought an pair of sweatpants with me that I kept at work in case something happened to my regular pants. Maura's were still wet and outside so she still was half naked.
"I brought you pants." I unfolded them and looked at her. She grinned a goofy smile on her face.
"Thanks Tootsie." She whispered to me and she allowed me to help her put them on. I put the blanket back over her and what I really wanted to do was crawl next to her and hold her in my arms but the crappy hospital bed wasn't big enough. I continued to sit next to her and I helped her lean forward so that I could braid her hair so bit was out of her face. We sat there silently for a moment when I heard the rushed steps of Ellen and Thea coming tramping down the hall followed by my mother and Hannah.
"Hi Maura, how are you?" My mother came in and asked with a warm smile on her face.
"I'm okay, thank you Angela." Maura quietly replied. Ellen came by me and sat on my lap asking us a million questions as she was trying to figure out how babies got inside of their mother. "Ellen I will explain when you are older." Maura finally said.
"Okay mommy." Ellen cheerfully replied and went silent. Hannah, Maura, my mother and I continued to talk about different things for our baby while we were waiting to see mine and Maura's daughter.
...
Maura Pov
It felt like hours before the nurse finally came in with an infant in her arms. Jane looked up and took the baby from the nurse and handed her to me.
"Hi sweetie pie." I gazed into our daughter's eyes. They were the same color as mine but the little bit of hair that she had, you could tell that it was black and curly like Jane's.
"Shes beautiful Maur." Jane kissed me and Angela took a picture of me, Jane and the baby together before she asked a nurse to take a group photo of everyone. After the photo was taken, you could tell everyone wanted to know the baby's name. I gazed into Jane's brown eyes and she smiled at me as I whispered just loud enough so people could hear me, "Welcome to the world, Leah Grace."