Chapter 26

Maura Pov
I knew I would be pregnant. The car ride home was silent and kinda awkward. Jane took my hand and squeezed it when we got home. We went inside and I went straight to our room. I was a carrying a baby and needed to process this. Not to mention we were planning on adopting ellen. I took off my clothes and looked at my naked body in the mirror. I looked so bad. I wonder what Jane thought. I wrapped a robe around my body and layed down. Jane came in and layed down next to me.
"You okay?" She gently pushed my hair out of my face.
I knew I couldn't say that I was because that would be lying and I just couldn't do it. I shook my head no and Jane took me in like she always did.
"Its okay Maura." She whispered to me.
"Jane, can I show you?" I looked at her with many thoughts racing through my head and she looked at me questionably.
"Show me what baby doll?" Jane smiled gently as she looked at me.
"My body... " I whispered to my wife and she didn't move.
"I have seen it already, you don't need to show me again Maur." I appreciated that she didnt want to invade my privacy but I wanted her opinion.
"Could you look at it again?" I pleaded to the soft brown eyes of Jane.
She reluctantly sat up and I sat up with her. I could tell she was growing uncomfortable in the situation because if how anxious i would get but she did it anyway. I slipped off my robe and stood up in front of her allowing her eyes to take me in. I stood in front of her awkwardly as she scanned my body. Her eyes were sympathetic as she looked at me.
"Jane, how do I look?" I asked her dead serious.
"You are the most beautiful person in the world Maura. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Okay?" Jane wrapped my robe back on me and I layed back down.
...
Jane pov
Honestly Maura looked so damaged that it broke my heart to see her this way. I layed next to her wishing it could be like normal when we slept together. And I don't mean have sex I mean sleep together in the simplest way. Just me and my wife in bed with my arms around her innocent body. Maura was so nervous now about everything and it was pretty devastating. I mean usually she is asleep on my bare chest but right now her back is facing towards me and she isn't even talking. I decide to take my arm andwrap it around her to see what she does. She flinches at first but calms down and tries to get closer which she had to face me to do. I smile in victory as Maura snuggled against my body and fell back asleep.