Ch. 35 Sickness

"Great, so got ten deaths of viruses trailing one after the other, then the city just, what a bunch of people in the hospital at the same moment?" Dean said as he went through some information, we had gotten around, newspaper news, new deadly flu had develop in this town, Springfield Summit Ohio.

I shook my head glancing around us, we had to get moving, this was sickness the horseman, I don't know how I knew, but I was sure of it.

"We need to go check the hospitals and watch out for any unusual dude, old man, just like war." I muttered standing up from the bench.

We sat in a small park where children were supposed to be playing around, I mean it was early afternoon, and there was no school, the flu I guess was responsible for that.

"Yeah well, there's two hospital and it says both of them are full, let's go to the town small hospital first, then we'll check the city one." Dean order grabbing the bunch of papers and standing up heading towards the Impala, I followed with a sigh.

"Morning, Federal Mc Owell and my partner Marshall from the HPB, we'll like to talk to with a few of your doctors about this virus going around and a few questions." Dean introduced to one of the nurses who came asking if we needed anything.

Her 5'3 thin figure seemed fragile under Dean's gaze, I stare at her expectantly before flashing my Id card as Dean had. She gave us a weird look before letting out a heavy sigh with a short nod, she looked exahusted.

 Wonder why, I taught sarcastically, as the hospital was packed with rushing nurses and doctors with family members wondering the halls, me and Dean out of place in our suits heading down the hall with confidence.

"Follow me" she mumbled forcing a tight polite smile turning around leading us farther into the hallway we made a left then stop right after ten feets infront of a white door with the above half in crystal.

After a slight knock, a low male voice called back to come in, the nurse opened the door introducing us to the doctor. The guy was probably on his late forties, small framed for a doctor, white skin, more like pale with stressed green eyes. He signaled for us to come in and sit while hushing and thanking the nurse away closing the door after her.

Doctor Catterson headed back to his sit right after asking, "So in what can I help you..." he trailed us forgetting our names even if the nurse had just recently told him.

" Federal Mc Owell and my partner Marshall from the HPB sir. We would like to ask some questions on what's happening, what you think may be the cause, how are you treating the patients, basic stuff." Dean explained in a matter-of-fact voice.

I almost smiled proudly, but I didn't because it was no time to be joking around. Just kept my head focus on this now, listening to Dean as he interrogate Doctor Catterson and as he replied back explaining all he had gotten so far, which was, simple symptom of flu but quite severe, being harder on adults than kids so far.