Ch. 38 Swap!

I ran through a labyrinth my feet aching and my lungs craving for air, I couldn't stop. I kept running tears running down my face as I tried to keep gasping to catch breath and not sob.

I came to a halt stop, a ring around me the road where I had come from closed, I looked around frantically, I reached the heart of the garden labyrinth. Footsteps sounding coming closer, I tried to go into the labyrinth again but all spaces close, there was no way out.

"There's no use in running love." that raspy voice, angelical but fearing, there was one and only.

"Michael." I sobbed his name, he couldn't do this, before he could speak two set of footsteps joined us, I didn't have to look to know.

"Why Selene?" Lucifer's voice as sinister as there could be, I turned shaking my head furiously in a 'no' manner.

"Yes, mommy why?" young Lilith chimed forming out of thin air on his father's side.

I shook my head sobbing and begging, a tune of their voices mixed screaming 'why' buggered me, pestering me, each time louder like a broken tape.

"Stop!" I yelled, they stopped, I glanced up having one last look at Lucifer before Michael's hands pointed towards me, his fist grasping thin air in a ball as my heart started shrinking in my chest.

I fought for air, but the seconds it lasted seemed like an hour, falling to my knees, my hands clenching at my chest as if it were of any help, and my last sight of Lucifer and Lilith bursting into flames as I gave away my last breath.

I sat up on my bed panting and struggling to catch my breath, my hands flew up grabbing the sides of my face as I realized it had all been a dream, just a nightmare.

I pulled my knees up letting my forehead rest on top and let the lasts sobs escaped as my heart beat pace relaxed. I dry the tears off my cheeks pulling the covers off and grabbing a set of clothing. I headed to the bathroom realizing it was only 3:40 am, no use in trying to go back to sleep.

I got undressed having a quick shower pulling on the set of clothes, today choosing a pair of denim high waist shorts and an off shoulder white loose t-shirt  tucked in with a pair of low ankle dark cream boots.

I groan as I tried to brush down the mess of hair,  fists of knots at the ends, since when didn't I got it cut?

I looked around finally finding a pair of scissors, considering a few choices before grabbing the hip long hair into a pony tail and cutting third parts of it off.

I turned towards the mirror again, a gasp of relief leaving my lips, my now collar bone length hair looked a wavy smoothen down mess, sexy and feminine in a way, more appealing.

I smiled at my little success heading downstairs checking the hallway grandfather clock before rushing to the kitchen, 4:58 am , perfect.

I made my way around grabbing eggs, bacon, ham, pancakes mix, thankful Bobby had gone last night to make some breakfast grocery shopping. I cracked open the eggs throwing the shelves away throwing in the ham into the mix on the pan, I turned to the pancake mix making four at a time while I moved around the bacon on the pan behind those two.