Four

I fumble with my bottom lip, using my teeth, "I can't accept those." I say and Jack's face drops.

Buying back my friendship.

"Why not?" He pretty much pouts, his bottom lip sticking out a little.

Fuck, he's so adorable.

"You're doing too much and I've only been back a day." I try and fight the urge to grin, bit end up failing miserably.

He's a cheater. I need to get that through my head, but for some reason, it keeps slipping my mind.

"It's been a whole year." He shrugs and then slightly smiles at me. "I've missed you, a lot."

"Can you be a normal person and tell me that you miss and and not spoil me?" I say, opening the door wider for him to step inside.

He compliments my socks and I burst out into laughter. They're fuzzy with purple stripes and to be quite frank, everyone's gotta love them, even though Jack is one of those people who thinks most things are stupid, but buys them anyway.

We walk into the kitchen, where I was just at, and he sets down the envelope and the roses on the counter. Without giving him a warning, I sling my arms around his neck.

He's taken aback and hesitantly hugs me around my waist, physically asking me if it's okay to hug back.

"Thank you." I mumble into his shoulder.

"Anything for you, princess." He replies and I pull away slightly.

"Don't do that." I blush.

I'm swooning over this boy all over again and for a long while, I feel relaxed. Everything put at ease. No homework and I get to be back in my home state with all of my friends.

"Do what?" Jack smirks at me.

"Don't call me those nicknames." I hug him once more.

"You love them." He says and he knows that I do.

I feel him grin onto my neck, due to my hair being tied up, and his face being shoved into my exposed neck area. He uses his large hand to rub up and down my back in a soothing manner. We both pull away from the hug.

"I hope you're satisfied with them because if you're not, I can just get new-" Jack starts to say his sentence, but I cut him off.

"I'll be happy even if we get the worst seats in the house." I smile at him. "It's the thought that counts, not the seats. So, what have you being doing the past year?" I ask, siting on the stool and Jack sit on the other.

"Well, I thought about you like every minute of the day." He tells me; cheese head. "I pretty much just stayed at home, bored, because everyone had school and at one point, I went to Nebraska to move all of my things out from my mom's place to my dad's."

"Must've been tiring." I comment.

"It was, but hey." He flexes his arms. "Free workout."

"Stop it, you noodle." I laugh, lightening up the joke because Jack tends to not get sarcasm.

"Noodle arms wouldn't be able to carry things." He rolls his eyes playfully and I smile.

"How was Omaha?" I ask. "Not the part where you had to move things out, but in general."

"Good. Even though I didn't technically go for a vacation. It felt a little weird going there after so long." He explains and I nod my head.

Now that I think about it, I miss a lot about being with him. He's so generous and he's fun to talk to. When he's not mad, of course. I guess I've forgiven him for what he did one year ago, but I clearly won't forget it.