Nine

I wake up and suddenly remember that I'm at Jack's house. My head on his chest and his arm around my waist. This was like a picture perfect scene with his button up floating around my body.

I should probably get up. I wonder when my family's coming back. They've been gone way too long and they haven't even tried to contact me. It's not like we have much to catch up on anyway because I facetimed them like five times a week while I was in New York.

I hug Jack's torso even though he's still asleep, and lean up to kiss his jaw and neck. I want him to wake up, but I also don't want to be annoying. He shuffles a bit and his eyes remain closed.

I let out a sigh and decide to get up and head back to my place. I grab my phone from the nightstand and check my texts. No messages from anyone in my family. I shouldn't be worrying because what could've possibly happened? I check some other messages.

[Dominic] you free tomorrow?

I decide to answer him first with a 'no' and then move onto the next text messages. Ah, the friend group chat.

[Jason] yo are we still doing that surprise party for cam

[Chase] you're so fucking dumb

[Chase] she's literally in this chat

[Lyss] JASON I HATE YOU ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET

[Dylan] lol really jason

[Cody] well now it's kind of useless might as well just be a get together

I laugh at their struggle of last night and lock my phone. I'll just pretend that I never saw that, but it warms my heart. They thought of doing a surprise party for me. Jason, being the person he is, mainly ruins everything.

I sit up in the bed and make sure I don't wake Jack up. I exit the room carefully with all of my things. I don't bother changing into my clothes either. I'll just put my shoes on and leave in Jack's shirt because I'm not going anywhere else, but home.

I slip on my sneakers and use the hair tie on my wrist to tie up my hair into the ugliest bun ever created. I then walk out of his house and to my car and head back home. I hope their home because I really want to see my family.

I plug in my phone into the aux cord and put it on shuffle. Bad Chick begins to play and of course, being alone, I start to jam out in my own car, whilst still driving

Soon, I arrive at my house, after a few songs, and see the familiar black SUV parked in the driveway. I begin to grow excited. I'm not gonna be embarrassed if they see me like this because Jack's shirt is kind of like a dress on me.

I get out of my car and pretty much sprint inside, searching for the first person I see. Kaiden is standing in the kitchen, probably making a sandwich. I run behind him and hug him around the shoulders.

"I missed you, bud!" I exclaim and I hear him chuckle.

"I missed you, too." He turns and hugs me back.

Geez, he's grown so tall this past year. Puberty literally made him six feet and he's only fifteen. I hear someone behind us clear their throat and I slowly turn, seeing my dad grin at him.

I run into his arms like a little kid seeing her dad after the first day of school.

"Welcome back!" He says to me, into my hair.

"Welcome back to you, too." I lightly laugh and pull away from his tight hug.

My mom comes down the stairs do to all of the commotion and she gasps as she sees me. She uses her hand to cover her mouth and her eyes become glassy. Oh no. She's about to cry.