Thirty Seven

Three weeks later.

One week ago, Jack got the company. Costed a fortune, but he told me didn't care. He got both things, actually. He's been busy the entire week with managing a damn hotel and creating a software program.

I'm starting to feel really lonely in this giant house. I don't know how he did it before we met. But then again, he had many friends that he could just simply invite over. I grab my phone and dial Jack's number.

"Camila, what?" He says after answering and I'm taken aback by his tone.

He'll usually greet me kindly and sweetly.

"Hi." I say.

"I'm busy and at a meeting right now." He bluntly replies and then hangs up the phone.

I blink once, processing that very boring and rude phone call. He's never like that. Maybe he's just stressed or something. He is doing some major things right now in his life.

I bite my top lip, looking around the master bedroom, wondering what I should do right now. Try and make amends with Sam again because it didn't work out three weeks ago? He might've cooled off.

After a few minutes, I've decided that I am going to talk to Sam. We can't continue to not talk to each other. My friendship with him was one of the best ones I've ever had. Sure, it was mainly dirty jokes and all, but it was nice having him as a friend.

I grab my car keys to my new Audi, which Jack got me for an engagement gift, and head out to it. It's not like Jack will ever find out about me going and talking to Sam. He's never home anyway.

I soon arrive to Sam, Johnson, and Nate's house. Being polite, I ring the doorbell and Nate is the one to answer it. His hair all messed up with a blunt in between his lips.

"They're upstairs." He tells me and I nod my head.

He disappears in one of the many halls and I stumble across Johnson, who's appearing from the hall I'm walking down.

"Hey, Camila!" He smiles and his greetings always make me happy.

"Hey, where's Sam?" I ask and he points to his bedroom door. "How is he?"

"Still sad and boring, but he's getting better." Johnson shrugs. "We just choose not to bother him so we don't get our faces kicked in. He went out with us to the club once, but that was it."

"Oh. Do you think he'll get mad at me if I try and talk to him?" I ask.

"I don't know. I'm not him." J lets out a chuckle. "Just yell if you need help or if he tries hurting you. By the way, how's Jack with his whole business thingy?"

My eyebrows raise at Johnson's topic of interest, "good, I guess. He's been really busy, so I haven't really talked to him. He comes home when I'm sleeping and leaves before I wake up."

He nods his head, "well, I hope things are good between you guys."

"Thank you. Maybe I'll talk to you after I talk to Sam?" I say and he gives me a thumbs up.

I briefly smile at him and head closer to Sam's bedroom door. I hear music blaring from inside. Justin Bieber to be exact.

"Sam?" I quietly knock on his bedroom door and opening.

The song is making me feel more guilty than I already am. Maybe that's how he actually feels? I want to make amends between us and I've been trying so hard. He's just so difficult to deal with because he has random outbursts.

He turns his desk chair around to face me and I see him stuffing a chipotle burrito bowl into his mouth. I slightly smile at him. Well, it's good that he's not starving himself.

"Want to talk again? Being civil this time?" I ask and he shrugs, resuming the video on his laptop. "Sam." I sigh. "You can't keep avoiding me."

"I'll try to." He mumbles. "How's your relationship?"

"Honestly, I don't know." I say and Sam's head snaps towards me. "Not in a bad way, it's just, he's very busy."

"Busy how?" Sam's eyebrows pull together.

"He bought two companies. He didn't tell you?"

"I don't talk to him anymore." He tosses his food into the trash bin next to him.

"Why not? You can't end your friendship over me. That's not how it works, Sam. You work through it."

"I worked through it just like how I worked it through with you." He sarcastically smiles. "End of conversation, go home."

{vote, comment, share}

Super short, I'm sorry (yeah I know that I let you down is it to late to say sorry now)