Twenty Five

"What the heck, Jack!" I slap his hand away from mine.

He stops and turns to look at me, "don't listen to Johnson. Everything he says is stupid." He lies, chuckling.

"Are you talking about Jack Johnson or Sam Wilkinson?" I narrow my eyes at him.

Jack shakes his head and runs his hand through his hair. Sam soon appears with a confused look over his face.

"Why're you guys yelling? It's holding me back from getting laid." He says.

Sam will never not ruin a moment with his words.

I look back at Jack, "are you going to just stand there or tell me?" I roll my eyes.

"Why does it even matter! Why do you want to know so bad?" His voice raises by a ton and he uses dramatic hand gestures.

He's scaring me slightly. I take a step back. I can't tell if he's annoyed with me or angry with me.

"I don't like it when you guys keep secrets! What is it? Did you cheat on me? Did you get someone pregnant? I just want to fucking know!" I shout back.

"Jack, don't, man." Sam steps between us talking to Jack. "You're gonna ruin it."

"No," Jack chuckles. "She wants to fucking know, I'll tell her." He shoves Sam aside.

I cross my arms over my chest and wait for him to speak up. I honestly have no idea what this whole thing might be about. Jack's eyes flare with anger as he looks me in the eyes.

"You want to know this giant secret, right? Why I was smoking and why I've been so stressed? You make me sound like a drama queen. I was planning to propose to you." He lets out. "But now that that's spoiled, cancel that! And cancel the fucking vacation, I'm done." He shakes his head once more and turns to walk downstairs.

My mouth hangs open and I'm speechless. Sam looks at me and his eyes are wide. Jack was going to propose to me and I fucked it all up by being curious.

This explains why he was all uncomfortable when chase proposed. When he left early in a suit, maybe he was ring shopping? He never showed me any signs of being stressed, though.

"Camila, I'm sorry. I tried to stop-" Sam starts, but I cut him off.

"Don't worry, it's not your fault. It's my fault. I wanted to know so badly and now he most likely hates me." I say, my voice cracking at my end. "I let curiosity get the best of me."

"He doesn't hate you." I hear Johnson's voice chime in behind me and I turn.

Johnson was going to tell me anyway, if Jack hadn't bursted into the room. Or he could've lied to me. Tears well up in my eyes and I don't know what to do right now. I'm completely shocked.

"Well, what do I do?" I pathetically ask.

"Knowing Jack, you should probably let him cool off for a little. I'll drop you at his house later." Sam puts his hand on my shoulder.

I wipe a fallen tear from my cheek with the back of my hand. I let my head fall as I walk towards the kitchen in shame. I'm not going to the living room and letting those girls see me cry like this.

I take a seat on a bar stool and rest my elbows on the counter. I can't help but let ugly sniffles fall from me. When I look up from the marble counter, Sam and Johnson are both staring at me.

"Do you want or need anything?" Sam asks me.

"My boyfriend." I reply.

Tears well up in my eyes once again, but I don't want to burst out in tears in front of them. Johnson's phone starts to ring which catches all of our attention. As if on cue.

"It's Jack." He whistles through his teeth.

"Put it on speaker." Sam says.

"No, don't answer-" I say and Sam shushes me.

"He's gonna think something actually wrong if we don't pick up." Johnson says.

"Something is wrong!" I retort.

"What's up?" Johnson answers the phone and all I can hear on the other line is heavy breathing.

He's still in the car driving. After a few seconds, he speaks up, giving me somewhat hope.

"I don't know what to fucking do." Jack says on the other line.

"What do you mean you don't know what to do?" Johnson's eyebrows furrow as he talks back.

"I'm so lost right now. Not physically, but mentally. I sound like a fucking girl, but I need someone to rant to."

I bite my top lip and look between the phone and Johnson. He shrugs his shoulders, not knowing what to do, but I silently urge him to listen.

"J?" Jack calls from the other line.

"Still here, go on." Johnson says.

He intakes a long breath before talking, "maybe we're too young to get married anyway? I honestly don't think it matters because of how much we love each other. I got her fathers consent for us to start dating, and I was about to get his blessing for us to get married. You know the whole proposal planning I had."
+
Jack pauses for a moment, "take her to Bora Bora, propose to her and she would say yes. I know she would say yes. We're still trying to figure out how to be a regular couple, but I want to call her my wife. Give her everything she's always wanted, even though I already do."
+
"I had a whole plan thought out in my mind, too. Maybe after she was done with college, around age 22 or 23 we could start our own little family. I know I've said I never wanted children before, but she's changed my mind."
+
"I want to be a young dad, and I want babies who look like me and her. I would spoil the shit out of them." He lets out a hurt laugh. "But now I don't know what the fuck to do. Everything's gone down the drain..."

"Not everything's gone down the drain." Johnson says.

"I'm sure it has. I walked out and said it's done and cancelled. Maybe I should move on from Camila?" Jack asks and my heart pinches.

No.

"I think that's a stupid idea and you shouldn't move on from her. You finally have her back after a whole year and you guys have gone through hell and back."

I silently thank Johnson for saying that. I don't want Jack to completely give up on us.

"I'm still thinking." Jack sighs. "I'm gonna go."

With that, he hangs up the call and my emotions are flying everywhere. I want to cry and scream. I've never heard Jack spill that much out. He probably never has because he doesn't want to towards me? And maybe he lets it all out to Johnson.

"That was some deep stuff." Sam's eyebrows raise. "You can't be mad at Jack."

"I never said I was mad at Jack. He was the one mad at me." I bite the inside of my cheek.

Salty tears escape my eyes as I think back to the call.

I want to call her my wife.

Take her to Bora Bora and propose to her.

She changed my mind.

I want babies who look like me and her.

Everything's gone down the drain.

{vote, comment, share}