Nineteen

Michael comes down the stairs and into the living room after his shower. I'm very confused on what he's wearing. That isn't exactly sleepwear attire for a male or female.

I silently signal him to stay quiet because Jack is sleeping. He looks so adorable. The way he's attached to my leg. Today must've been very tiring for him.

"That's cute." Michael comments and he's all dressed up; not for bed, but for going out.

"Where are you going?" My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Sam invited me to a party."

Sam's only known him for a few hours and they're already partying together? I shouldn't be surprised because literally a few days after I met Sam, I partied with him.

"You two have been getting along very well." I whistle through my teeth, impressed. "Are you gonna meet a girl at the party?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows, finger combing my still damp hair from my shower.

He chuckles, "hopefully. I might knock out over there. Just wanted to inform you." He tells me and I nod.

"Have fun and don't get too fucked up." I quietly say, being sure not to wake up Jack just yet; not until we go upstairs at least. "How are you getting there?"

Geez, I sound like a mother. Plus, how come Jack and I didn't get invited to this so called party? If Sam knows the people, Jack most likely knows them as well.

"Ordering an über." He informs me.

"Take my Toyota." I tell him, pointing to the coffee table where my keys are. "Don't crash it though."

"Thanks, Cam. You're the best." He says before grabbing my keys and leaving.

I hear the front door shut and that means I have to lock it before going upstairs. My phone buzzes next to me and I check the screen and it's the group chat rapidly texting.

[Lyss] sorry for being a bitch before but thanks for today :)

[Jason] yeah thanks it was fun

[Cody] what he said

[Chase] what he said x2

[Dylan] you lazy asses couldn't type it out?

[Dylan] thank you for today cammy

[Jason] aw shit I ship so hard

[Camila] go away jason

My lips curl into a smile as I hit send on the text. No doubt he's probably going to flip at my joke. My phone buzzes multiple times again, but I just ignore it. I'll answer them later.

I turn my attention back to the sleeping Jack on my lap. I run my fingers through Jack's hair and he looks so peaceful. I caress his cheek, wanting him to wake up. His eyes open to slits once he feels my hands on his face.

Jack lifts his head from my thigh and stretches out. He slightly smiles at me. He's so cute when he's sleepy.

"Let's go sleep upstairs." I softly say.

"Where's Michael?" He asks, looking around.

I purse my lips, "at a party with Sam."

Once I say that, his eyes open wider and he grins. Oh no, I know what he's thinking, but he's tired and needs sleep.

"We're alone." Jack singsongs.

"Stop, Jack. We're going to sleep." I reply as he sits up fully.

When he does, I stand from the couch and so does me. I quickly peck his lips, taking him by surprise. He quickly pulls me back against his bare torso and deeply kisses me again.

I blush and smile, grabbing his hand and taking him upstairs. He shuts off all of the lights and I lock the front door. I'm glad Michael has Sam to hangout with, so he's not always on my back the next two weeks.

Jack quickly hops into bed as I shut his bedroom door. It's gotten to the point where he's not the one always behind and I'm not always the first in bed, now. I slip off my shorts so I'm just in panties and a long t-shirt.

He opens up the blanket for me as I crawl in next to him. His arms go around me and his hand just rests in my butt. I've never minded him touching me like that since the beginning.

"I love you, goodnight." I murmur, cuddling closer to him.

He dims the lights until it's fully dark and I close my eyes. His arms tighten around my small body.

"I love you, too. Goodnight." He kisses my forehead before resting his chin on top of my head.

I feel his chest concave with every breath he takes, and he usually falls asleep before me when we're like this, and when he's not on his phone. I hear his soft snores escape from his lips, and I kiss his chest quickly before trying to fall asleep, myself.

*

"Rise and shine, baby." I hear Jack's quiet voice, making me open my eyes.

He quickly plants a kiss on my cheek as he sees my eyes pry open. He's already dressed and everything, why wasn't I notified? He stands up, putting on his Rolex and I just admire his good looks. My boyfriend.

"Where are we going today?" I ask.

"Well, I'm busy." He says, fixing his crooked tie. "I just wanted to wake you so I could say goodbye."

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask, suddenly alarmed.

He bites his bottom lip hesitantly, "I'll see you later." He says before grabbing his shoes and leaving me alone in his bedroom; in his house.

He didn't even answer my question? My eyebrows pull together as I grow more and more suspicious and confused with each and every passing second. He doesn't work or go to school, he couldn't possibly be attending a meeting?

I push the thought aside for now because I don't want to assume things or jump into conclusions. I should just wait for him to tell me, but I doubt he ever will unless I bug him about it. Like always.

{vote, comment, share}