Thirty One

My throat goes dry as Jack continues to stay on his knees, looking nervously up at me. The ring gloriously shining towards me, practically blinding me.

"Jesus Christ, where's my phone!" My dad exclaims, fumbling around for his pockets and everything.

"Yes or no?" Jack breathes.

I open my mouth to say something. I feel so in between. Borderline yes and no. I bite my bottom lip and nod my head. I need to put him out of his misery and I want this just as bad.

Jack smiles, letting out a chuckle and standing back up. I sling my arms around his neck. Who can say no to him? Jack tightly wraps his arms around my waist, squeezing me tightly.

Married at the age of twenty. What has this generation become? I feel like I never want to let go of him, but I eventually do. The both of us smiling like idiots when we were just shouting at each other earlier.

Jack connects our lips forcefully, not even caring about my dads presence.

"Let me put the ring on you." Jack says as he pulls away from me.

I lift my left hand to him. I always would wear my rings on my right ring finger, but now I can gladly wear it on my left. He takes it out from the velvet box and carefully slips it on.

I smile down at my hand and tears suddenly fill my eyes. I never knew how emotional this would be for me. I just thought I'd be all happy whilst getting proposed to, not actually crying.

"Don't cry, baby." Jack smiles fondly at me, using his rough thumb to wipe away the tears that had escaped.

"As I told you before, take care of her." My dad sternly tells Jack, but through his voice, I can tell he's straining a happy shout.

"I plan to, sir." Jack smiles widely towards him and then looks back at me.

"But you need a ring too." I put my hand on his chest.

He lifts up his left hand and I see a platinum band on it. For an engagement ring, it's beautiful. I grin at him. It like he knew I was going to say yes.

"Dad, did you get food?" I hear Kaiden as he comes down the stairs.

He instantly stops as he sees Jack. His eyebrows furrow and Jack just continues to smile. I'm sure Jack knows that Kaiden likes my ex more than him.

"You're going to have to start liking me." Jack speaks up and confusion waves over Kaiden's face.

"Why?" He asks.

Jack puts his arm around my shoulders, pulling me towards him. I bite my top lip, as he kisses the side of my head. So much affection.

"He's going to be your brother in law." My dad says and Kaiden's eyes widen.

"What?"

"We're getting married, idiot." I interfere.

"Congrats, I guess." Kaiden chuckles.

Kaiden and my dad both head into the kitchen. The hype over me and Jack done for them, but not us.

"We're getting married." Jack whispers to me, holding my wrists together.

I smile and peck his lips, "I know." I reply.

"Finally."

Now I actually have to speak to Sam about 'us'.

*

"I don't want to take it off." I fondly say, staring at my ring.

I've been standing in the same spot in Jack's room for like half an hour, just admiring my ring. I feel the happy rush through my body every two seconds. I also feel like much more of an adult just because I got proposed to.

"We're about to shower, so you should." Jack chuckles, pulling me closer to him by my waist.

I frown at him because he's blocking my view from my ring. He leans down to kiss me and I willingly let him.

"Don't stare at it for too long, you're going to go blind." Jack tells me.

"Oh, look at me, I'm rich as hell and I can afford a giant engagement ring." I attempt to mock him.

"Speaking of engagement, which leads to a wedding, when are you planning to have it? I need to know."

"Whoa there, Gilinsky. You just proposed today." I say.

"I know, I know, but I don't want you to be stressed. With school and everything are we planning to have it as soon as possible or wait until you're done with your sophomore year of college?"

I put my arms around his torso, resting my head on him. I still can't get it through my head that we're going to get married.

"I don't know." I sigh.

"Just think about it." He says. "Get back to me whenever, but don't take too long because I can barely wait to say 'I do'." He cheekily states.

"Camila Gilinsky. God, that sounds so nice." I swoon, taking my ring off and placing it on Jack's nightstand behind him.

"Indeed, future Mrs. Gilinsky. I don't want you to stress with anything in the future though. I'll hire people to do everything and you just need to choose a date-"

I cut him off before he finishes, "I want to plan my own wedding." I emphasize.

"And I will not let you. You can talk things through with the people, but you're not going to be the one setting everything up." He tells me and I roll my eyes, making him smile. "There's something I missed."

I laugh, pecking his cheek. I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with him. I am so mentally prepared for the future, but for now, a shower with Jack.

{vote, comment, share}