Twenty Two

After getting ready for the day, Jack still hasn't woken up. I walk over to his side of the bed and get up to straddle his waist. He shifts around, but doesn't open his eyes or push me off.

"Are you still mad at me?" I whisper in his ear.

He groans, "you know I can't stay mad at you. Just don't be so nosy, please."

"Ditto." I sigh, getting off of him and sitting on my side of the bed.

Maybe now would be the best time to tell him about the plans we have tonight? I'm sure he'd want to go because all of our friends are going. The same exact people from the laser tag group and perhaps more because of dates and such.

"We're going out to dinner with everyone tonight." I say, rubbing his bare back. "Sam's text read something like 'hey fellas, bring your bitches to tonight's dinner' or something like that. All in a group chat and it was hectic, but we made it work." I tell him.

He hums something and I'm guessing he heard all of that.

"It's formal. What are you wearing tonight?" I ask.

"A suit and tie? What else." He snaps.

I purse my lips and get up from the bed. What am I going to wear tonight? It's most likely a basic black and white suit that he's going to wear, so I'll wear a black dress to match.

"I'll get your stuff ready." I murmur and then look at the clock. "Even though it's two pm."

Jack immediately gets up, "what the fuck? What time is it?"

"Two pm." I repeat.

"This is going to mess up my whole sleeping schedule." Jack complains.

I shrug, going into his closet and searching for his things. Half of this closet is filled with suits, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something.

"Hey." I hear Jack's voice behind me and I jump, startled.

I thought he was going into the bathroom to shower or something. He places his hands on my hips and kisses me below my ear.

"I can get it myself. Thank you, baby." He murmurs and I step aside, letting him.

Talk about mood swings. I turn on my feet and walk out, looking for a dress and shoes. I go with black pumps and a strapless black dress that isn't too revealing.

"Want to go get our things dry cleaned and pressed?" Jack asks me and I shake my head.

"I can iron them." I inform him.

"You do too much. Cut yourself some slack." He tells me, walking closer to me.

He drops his clothes onto his bed and takes the dress from my hands, tossing that on the bed too. He can't just be tossing designer things around like its no big deal.

"You're stressing yourself out." Jack says, wrapping his arms around me. "That's no good."

"Thank you, captain obvious." I smile up at him.

He smiles back, "captain obvious? It'd be better if you just called me dad-"

"Okay, stepping over the boundary." I bring my finger up to his lips to shush him.

Jack grins, grabbing to wrist to move my hand down. He leans in to kiss me and I willingly let him, meeting him halfway. I bring my arms around his neck, making my cropped shirt ride up my stomach.

He pulls away from the kiss first, confusing me so much he's usually the one to keep things going.

"We'll continue this tonight. When I get to rip that dress off of you." He growls into my ear, making me clench in between my legs.