Twenty Nine

"Are you going to just act like last night didn't happen?" Jack shouts to me from the door.

"Pretty much!" I yell back, getting into my car.

Maybe I shouldn't have had sex with him yesterday. He's going to hold it over my head, but it was amazing. I didn't want to like it, but I enjoyed it so much and I'd do it over and over again if it weren't such a bad thing.

I throw all of my gifts into my back seat and I shut the door. I see Jack taking long strides towards me. He holds out the yogurt land punchcard.

"You dropped this." He tries handing it to me.

"Why the fuck would I need a frozen yogurt punchcard with nine hole punches in it?" I snap.

"You don't understand it, do you?" He frowns slightly.

"No, I honestly don't." I reply, opening the drivers side door.

"Each hole punch represent every time I've fucked up-"

I cut him off with a laugh, "you've fucked up way more than that."

"There's one spot left, meaning you should give me one last finally chance." He looks me straight in the eyes, not listening to what I just said.

"Chances, chances, chances. Don't you get sick of them always being given to you?" My eyebrows furrow as I start my car.

"No, I don't. Not from you at least." He takes a step back and examines my car. "When did you get this redone?"

"A month ago." I snort. "You're getting off topic."

"Give me another chance and we can go back to being the unstoppable couple. Yes, I do realize how badly I fucked up, but you have to take half of the blame for the way you acted." He tells me and I'm completely baffled.

"Me?" I ask in disgust. "What did I do?"

"I love you, baby, but I'm gonna be honest. You were kind of being a drama queen and just thinking about yourself when it was a two sided relationship."

I feel like I've just been slapped across the face. I guess this is pinned on both of us then. I wasn't intentionally just thinking about myself. I was just looking out for myself, that's all.

"I'm still thinking." Is the last thing I say before getting into my car; Jack stops me from shutting the door. "Move your car. You just had to park behind me."

"Not moving it until we make up." Jack says like a stubborn brat.

"I suggest you move it before both of our cars get ruined."

"Is that a threat? That's cute." He smiles fondly.

"Jack, move it!" I whine.

He just stands there. Staring and smiling at me. My face droops from boredom. He's most likely not going to move his car until we make up. The garage door suddenly opens and steps out a freshly showered Sam Wilkinson.

"Oh, good. You didn't leave yet." He breathes, approaching us.

I shift in my seat, growing uncomfortable because of last night.

"Move, Jack." He says pushing Jack aside to he can stand before me. "Whatever I said last night, I didn't mean it. I was already drunk and it kind of slipped out of my mouth-"

"What did you say to her?" Jack chimes in.

"Why are you still here?" Sam chuckles. "Anyway, even though I was drunk, that's still no excuse to be mean to the birthday girl. Forgive me."