Twenty One

Jack's eyes haven't left his phone once this entire dinner and I'm beginning to grow annoyed with this. Yesterday, he didn't even get back home until later at night and today, he didn't want Michael to tag along with us to dinner.

He should have joined us so I wouldn't be sitting here like an idiot just watching Jack concentrate on his phone. Where the hell did he even go yesterday?

"Jack." I mumble and he still doesn't look up. "Where were you yesterday?"

"I met up with a friend." He replies, sounding bothered.

"Which friend?" I probe.

"You sound like an annoying wife and I didn't sign up for that."

My heart pinches from his words. He's most likely lying about being with a friend because why would he meet up with a friend in something so sophisticated and nice?

"Sorry, I was just curious-"

"You're always fucking curious." Jack scoffs.

"It's not like that. I just wanted to know." I quietly say, trying not to make a scene in public, but I already know I pissed him off.

"There's something called trust. Maybe you should learn about it, yeah?" He spits.

I keep my mouth shut after, wanting to leave this dinner even though we haven't even gotten our food yet. My phone buzzes on the table and lights up with a text. That catches Jack's attention real quick and he grabs it before me. His eyebrows furrowing.

"Unknown number says 'hey it's Daniel'. Who the hell is Daniel?" He scowls. "Isn't that your dad's name?"

"Yes, but it's not my dad." I purse my lips and watch as anger takes over his eyes.

"Cool. You're cheating on me?" He raises his eyebrows and tosses my phone on the table; Jack leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. "I can't fucking believe you."

"I'm not cheating on you. On my god. He was some guy I accidentally bumped into yesterday while I was alone walking around!" My voice raises slightly. "You were too busy doing whatever the hell you were doing."

His eyes widen, "you gave a guy 'you bumped into' your number? That fast?"

"Why are you so surprised? I did the same thing with you when we first met." I roll my eyes, but then realize that that was technically a jab to myself.

"That pretty much means you're easy to get with." Jack scoffs.

Hey, Jack hasn't murdered me yet nor has Dominic, so maybe Daniel won't either. Our food arrives and before the waitress leaves, I open my mouth to speak.

"Can we get the bill right away and a box to go?" I ask.

"No, no, we'll get it after we're done eating." Jack tells her and she nods, walking away and listening to Jack's commands. "You're not leaving. You always leave when we fight. Stay, suck it up, and talk it out with me."

I roll my eyes at his words. Not talking anything out with him because it'll end in a larger argument. I grab my phone off of the table and save his contact in my phone.

[Camila] hey sorry I'm at dinner

[Daniel] oh I was going to ask you to dinner but maybe another night?

[Camila] just as friends haha

I lock my phone, shoving it into my purse so Jack can't snoop around. I grab my fork once again and actually eat my food, picking at it here and there. The rest of the dinner is silent.

*

Jack parks on the driveway and gets out of the car, not looking at me once. I get out of the car and go up to the front and go inside of the house. He immediately walks upstairs, not even waiting for me.

I let out a deep sigh, kicking off my shoes. I walk upstairs to the room Michael's staying in and knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear his muffled voice.

I slowly open the door. He gives me a brief smile and I return it.

"How was the party?" I ask.

"It was hype as fuck!" I hear Sam yell.

"I'm on FaceTime." Michael chuckles as he notices me looking around the room,

I honestly thought Sam was actually here. I try it create more conversation to avoid facing an angry Jack Gilinsky.

"Where's Jack?" Michael asks me and I whistle through my teeth.

"He's mad at me." I purse my lips.

"What? Why?" Sam cuts into the conversation. "It's usually flipped and never this way."

I let out a forced laugh, "I know."

"That's when you know you fucked up." Sam adds.

I clench my jaw, "I know, Sam." I say more sternly.

I continue to stupidly stand here as they begin to talk about last nights party and how many girls they got to hook up with.

"Go away, Camila." Sam says.

I jokingly scoff, "I hate you, too. I'll leave do you can get back to your FaceTime sexing."

They both laugh as I shut the door quietly. I brace myself as I walk up another flight of stairs, his bedroom door is shut. Maybe Jack doesn't want me to sleep in there? I shake off the thought.

My heart drops as I see him already in bed, facing away from where I lay. Okay, he's not just mad. He's beyond that. I try not to wake him as I go into the bathroom to shower. He's probably not gonna touch me the entire night.

I strip my clothes off from my body and get into the shower. I crank it so its at the really hot water setting. I need a hot shower to relieve some stress and anger. Jack is being so childish and ignorant.

When I'm done, I get out and wrap a towel around myself. I exit the bathroom and go in the search for pajamas. Sweatpants and a t-shirt would most likely be ideal right now.

I change into the clothing and get in bed with Jack, our backs facing each other. I'm trying not to cloud my mind with too many thoughts, but I can't help it. He's rarely ever the one to ignore.

{vote, comment, share}