Twelve

My heart drops during the middle of Can't Feel My Face. Shit, I forgot the get together was today at Dylan's. They're all going to think I stood them up. I'm startled by Jack talking into my ear.

"Hey, what's wrong? You stopped grinding on me." Jack says, the strong sarcasm laced in his voice.

I'm too caught up to scold him for his joke. I wasn't even grinding on him.

"I forgot my little get together was tonight. I have to go to that, but I also want to stay here so we get your money's worth." I chew my bottom lip in rapid panic.

"Set it for another day." Jack tells me as if it's the most simplest thing in the entire world.

Not that easy, bud.

"They're all probably together right now wondering where the hell I am." I say, taking my phone from my purse and seeing my phone flood with messages.

[Dylan] camila where are you

[Dylan] we set the time for 7 and it's 9:30

[Jason] she's probably with Jack at the concert

[Jason] I wish I was there damn it

[Lyss] we did this for you and you decide to run along with Jack to a concert? So low

[Lyss] when you blatantly told us you disliked him

[Chase] can you all relax, maybe she forgot

[Cody] why are we typing in this when we're all in a little circle

My heart sinks lower into my stomach. I'm such a bad friend to them. If I leave, Jack will probably be mad, but if I stay, all of my friends will be mad. This is a lose-lose situation and I don't know what to do.

The crowd screams and cheers as the song finishes and Jack still notices me worrying. I can't not worry about this.

"Do you really want to see your friends that bad?" He groans. "Just enjoy the concert, please." He squeezes my hand. "You can see your friends another time."

He's right. I just lock my phone without answering- which probably isn't the smartest idea- and watch the concert. They're going to think that I'm being distant and that I don't want to see them, but I really do.

I've been gone for a whole year and I just want to hug all of them and catch up with every single one of them. Especially Dylan and Alyssa. Maybe Chase broke up with that bitch Angelina. I hope he did, to be honest.

Jack puts his arm around my shoulders, making me forget what I was thinking about. He does that so easily and I'm thankful for that.

*

After the entire concert, the lights slowly turn on and Jack and I wait until majority of the people leave because it would be crammed. We wouldn't be able to get out of here together.

I check the time on my phone and it ended perfectly at 11. It's not even that late and I feel like if I close my eyes, I'll break the world record for falling asleep the fastest.

Jack tightly grabs my hand to ensure that we don't split and begin to walk out to the front to meet Johnson and Sam. That was fun and most of my worries washed away with every passing minute.

"Jack, Camila! Over here!" We hear Sam yell and we turn to see Johnson jumping up and down, trying to get our attention.

Jack continues to hold my hand as we approach them. I'm tired of standing and I honestly just want to shower and then sleep. It's been a long night.

"You guys coming over?" Sam asks and Jack looks down at me while I yawn.

"She's tired so I think we're just gonna head back to my place." Jack says for me.