The Cop (3)

POV Lauren Jauregui

That simple word of four syllables was enough to completely change my facial expression and somewhat my mood. This means that all this time, I could be sending evidence that incriminates me to this amazing girl that I just kissed and, with all modesty aside, kissed rather well? I can't process this right now. I freed my hands, that before, were intertwined over her really well designed hips, and brought them to my neck, rubbing the area and throwing the strands of hair that fell to my back, to the side. I took a deep breath and let out a warm minty air that was stuck on my lungs, making Camila moan softly.

-Deputy? – I asked again, this time with less doubt and insecurity in my voice.

-Yes. – she answered a bit confused.

-So young. – I said trying to look natural and she seemed to understand – In which police station do you work in? – I asked pulling away a strand of hair that was falling in her eyes.

-I work at a police station a bit far from downtown. – Camila informed, sought air and brushed the strands off her forehead, putting them behind her ears that held beautiful silver earrings – But why do you ask? Are you a criminal by any chance? – she asked with an ironic laugh bringing our faces closer together and it was then that I saw how drunk she was, she had her eyes half closed, almost falling asleep, she is so beautiful, with Latin traces that leaves me hypnotized, she swung her legs, giving her a childish look which made me smile involuntarily, by being so drunk maybe she won't remember what happened here, maybe.

-Oh, no, of course not. – I lied and distanced myself from her. That information completely caught me off guard – I wanted to apologize again, for kissing you without your consent, I can't control myself sometimes.

I backed away this time going towards the sink's mirror, turning my back to her.  

Camila jumped off of the sink where she was and with hurried steps, reached me and before she could do anything, I held her waist and pressed hard on it. And right after, I brought my mouth to her ear, pressing our bodies together and licking her earlobe, and I felt her body shiver, well, since she may not remember this, it doesn't hurt to enjoy a little bit more right? I brushed her hair to the side and went to seal our lips when I hear a very familiar voice on the other side of the door.

-Lauren baby, are you in there?

Britt. I liked Britt but we were getting too close for my liking.

-Britt... – I whispered to myself but Camila heard.

-Britt? Who's Britt? – she asked pushing me away.

-Lolo, I miss you baby. – Britt was whining on the other side.

-Okay, I get it. – Camila said a little confused, she took two steps backwards and lost balance, I approached her quickly and held her again – Everything is okay, I'm okay. – she said dragging her voice, she looked even more drunk.

-I loved having to apologize to you, Miss Cabello, now that you know where I work, come here any time you want. Bonne Nuit. – I said, holding her on the sink and walking away, I turned around partially, causing my hair to spin in a steady rhythm over my body. I felt her sweet woody smell falling behind as I left the bathroom. I didn't want her to come back, I didn't know who she was.

Those were my last words after losing myself in the dark as soon as I passed through the matte black door of the bathroom.

-LAUREN! – I was warmly greeted by a very well dressed woman, she is wearing a tight black dress with high heels on her feet, light makeup, Britt is the synonym of elegance.