Let it all go (37)

NOTE: For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to the song "Let it all go" by Birdy + Rhodes :)

-----

POV Camila Cabello

We exited through the hospital doors in silence, I still didn't know how to react to everything I had just witnessed in that room, Lauren's father yelling at her like that was really one of the worst scenes I've ever seen.

Our hands were intertwined, and mine were sweating drastically, my heartbeat racing. I just needed to get Lauren out of that place. I took another step forward and we were standing in front of the Volvo. I released the brunette's hand still in silence and opened the car door, and that was when she slammed it close with such brutality that made my body freeze.

I turned to face Lauren, she was huffing, her nostrils were inflating and then releasing the air violently. A dark layer covered her green globes, and around them it was reddish, I had never seen her eyes like this.

"L-Lauren..." I stammered. "Are you okay?"

"Camila, I'll just say this once." Lauren took a step forward, causing my back to hit the car door. "Don't meddle in my life, I don't need protection, much less from a cop, I hate when people invade my space, don't repeat what you did in there ever again, are we clear?"

"But, Lauren, I just..."

"Just nothing, just don't meddle, it's my life and you don't have any access to it." Lauren said slowly and in such a threatening tone that I swear it made me shudder. I had never seen her like this.

"Okay." I said dryly, and took a deep breath, to then look at the brunette who was still huffing angrily. "Take me home."

Lauren backed away and went around her Volvo towards the driver's seat. I got into the car, buckled up my seatbelt and took a deep breath, as to not go mad right there and get out of that car.

The brunette started the car and drove like crazy, no wonder we met in an almost running over. I laughed unintentionally at the not so fresh memory, making her look at me seriously.

"What?" She asked humorlessly.

"Nothing." I didn't want to talk about it with her, I was still very scared and angry about everything. "This is not the way to my house, Lauren."

"Because we're not going to your house."

"Indeed, we aren't going anywhere, I'm the one who's going. I'm no longer in the mood to go out." I said, watching Lauren turn around the car and stop in front of the hospital again. "Did you forget something?"

"Yes, wait for me here." The brunette said and got out of the car. I looked to the side and didn't see her entering the hospital, she had disappeared from the sight I had through the rearview mirror.

A few minutes alone gave me time to breathe and to think that maybe I may have been somewhat invasive concerning Lauren's life. Nothing explains her reaction towards me, but Lauren hadn't had many relationships, maybe she doesn't know how to handle stuff like this yet.

I heard the sound of the back-door unlocking, and looked through the rearview mirror to see a little human being getting into the car.

"Hi, auntie." The little boy extended his hand to greet me, and I reciprocated.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked Ramon as Lauren got into the car with such a silly smile that made my heart race. "What are you doing, Lauren?"

"Well, I already told you about him, Camila."