Threats (51)

POV Camila Cabello

"What are we going to do now, Camila?"

"I don't know why the hell Robert is after Ramon, I don't know what's going on, how..." My head was a mess. To think that this afternoon I was with him and that now he could be in danger... I was visibly desperate, I didn't know what to do next, but I'd have to be very cautious.

"But h-how, how did he-" Halsey stammered, shocked.

"I don't know! I don't know!" I cut her in a lost tone. With my elbows propped on the table, I buried my hands in my hair. "Motherfucker, son of a bitch." I whispered to myself as tears streamed down my face.

Throughout my career, I've always kept my personal life at the utmost discretion, never did one of the suspects involve my life in a dirty game like this one. Did Rob know I was watching him? It would be too much of a coincidence for Ramon to be on that website, but how did he find out about the boy?

"Camila." Halsey called me, touching my shoulder. "Drink." She extended a glass of water to me. My gaze alternated between her, the glass and Troy, the tall blond seemed worried about my state.

I grabbed the glass from her hand and drank the liquid in it. Halsey looked at me worriedly when I got up suddenly and started pacing back and forth, restless. Time or another I let the tears flow. My head was throbbing, but still wouldn't stop working on trying to find answers. The reality was that staying here pacing wouldn't solve anything, I needed to act now. Tears still insisted on falling from my eyes, because just imagining something bad happening to the boy made me ill. I wouldn't forgive myself if something bad happened to that innocent being.

"Let's go, tomorrow will be a long day." I said.

"Yes, let's go." Halsey got up, and then we walked towards the exit.

"I hope I have helped." Troy said as he opened the front door.

"You did, a lot, thank you again, Troy, I'll see you tomorrow." Halsey said, and then hugged him.

"Thank you." That was what I limited myself to say, I was still very shaken up.

I walked straight to the passenger side of the car, opened the door, and sat down before I'd fall on the ground, my legs were shaking. At the moment I could only think about Ramon's safety and the safety of everyone close to me.

"You sure you want me to drive?" The woman asked as she sat down in the driver's seat.

"Yes, or I'll end up causing an accident." I said, wiping away the tears that still insisted on falling. The image of Ramon in that website wouldn't leave my head. Why did everything suddenly get so hard?

I grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and quickly dialed Mrs. Maria's number. It was already late at night, the woman would probably be sleeping already, but I needed to know if everything was alright.

"Hello?" Ramon's sweet, childish voice sounded in a sleep-laden tone, I probably woke him up.

"Hi! Ramon?!"

"Auntie Camila?"

"Yes! It's me, kiddo. Where is your grandma?" My voice weakened every time I heard the boy's heavy breathing. Sneaky tears fell down my face.

"She's sleeping, Auntie Camila, do you want to talk to her?" His words came out more dragged than normal, sleep-laden. Knowing that he was with her made my body relax on the car seat.

"No, Ramon... I just wanted to know if everything was okay with you, but I see that it is, right?"

"Yes."