The website (46)

NOTE: Don't forget, this chapter and the NEXT ONE are part of a series of flashbacks of what happened during those 3 months that passed. After the next chapter, time will go back to normal, and the story will continue right from where it stopped, after Camila and Lauren made love in her warehouse.

-----

*Flashback still On*

POV Camila Cabello

"How did you fool him?" Halsey asked as she opened the door of her car so that I could get in.

"I have my ways, but that doesn't matter." I said, somewhat excited about the recent discovery. "Where are we going?" I got into the car and closed the door.

"We are going to my hacker friend's house, and you might be surprised by the way. But let me tell you right away that he only did this because I asked." Halsey started the car and drove out of there with a colossal rush.

"Do I know him?"

"Very well." The woman said, and then let out an ironic laugh.

"Oh God! I'm not ready for more problems, can you kindly tell me who it is?"

"Calm down, Camila, you need to relax, you'll know soon enough." She said, and I rolled my eyes at her lecture. "But tell me, you didn't find anything at Rob's apartment?"

"Nothing, besides me being even more disgusted with him." Halsey made a sharp turn and drove into a dead-end street. "We're in the right place, right?"

"Yes." The woman laughed and parked her Mercedes. "Are you ready?"

"Let's go." I took a deep breath. "I don't think I have anything else to lose, right?"

"I don't know, Camila, only you know that..."

"Alright, let's go." I let out a little giggle and got out of the car. Halsey walked in front of me in hurried steps. We were in a simple, small house, however, very well taken care of. Halsey rang the doorbell and then our access to the house was granted.

"You've never been here before?" Halsey asked as we walked in.

"Why on earth would I have been here before?"

"Hello, good afternoon, Camila." The familiar voice made my whole body go stiff for a second.

"Troy?" I looked at the man to make sure I wasn't dreaming. "What... What? What, how?" I stammered involuntarily.

"Now that we're done with the introductions..." Halsey interrupted my thoughts. "Can we focus on what matters?"

"Okay..." That was all I could say. "I hope you've never used your 'powers' to do bad things."

"No, of course not, I'm just very interested in these matters, like the Deep Web, you know? And I ended up getting good at it." He said proudly. "There was this one time though, but it wasn't anything bad, that Lauren asked me to access the precinct's system to delete something from her record."

"Lauren what?" I asked, astonished.

"It was nothing important, I think she got into a fight and was booked." He said tranquilly.

"Was this a long time ago?" I asked as I began walking behind Troy, who led us to a room full of computers.

"Yeah, it was a while ago, don't worry." He said with a gentle smile, pulling out a chair so that I could sit down, and so I did. Halsey sat down beside me on the other chair. "By the way, the police system is very easy to hack." Troy said, and I felt my cheeks burn with such embarrassment. "It was actually with you guys that I learned how to hack into other places, I gained a lot of practice with the Miami police."