Veromani (53)

NOTE: For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to the song "Let it all go" by Birdy + Rhodes :)

-----

POV Lauren Jauregui

With teary eyes, I remained quiet, and despite the sound of the waves clashing on the shore and the light sea breeze present, nothing would prevent anything from being in the most perfect perfection. Normani smiled, smiled like never before, and in slow steps, walked to the rhythm of the bridal chorus. Veronica, beside me, smiled even more than her soon-to-be-wife, there were tears in her eyes, and through all their excitement, I could see a future between them that I never imagined could exist.

The ceremony was coming to an end, my feet were already aching due to being on my feet for a long time. Even with that bother, I stood firm and attentive to every word, to every exchanged glance and to every vow of love that the two exchanged. Even though I was attentive, it was impossible not to look around me, especially at the Latina who was on the other side, right in front of me. She smiled through her tears, happy for her friends. It was funny the fact that I felt the same way, not just for Normani, but for Veronica as well. We had our differences, but nothing that time, or rather, nothing that Normani hasn't fixed between us. She really makes my friend happy, so that was enough to make me happy.

"I, Veronica Iglesias, accept you, Normani Kordei, as my legitimate wife. And I promise to be faithful to you, to love you and to respect you." A happy sigh from Veronica broke the silence of the hall full of familiar faces. Her trembling hand held Normani's, which was no different. The wedding ring slid up Normani's ring finger, and she cried even more when it fit perfectly on her finger. "In happiness and in sadness, in sickness and in health, for the rest of our lives."

"I..." Normani made a brief pause, taking a deep breath, she was extremely emotional; I really was afraid she'd pass out. Her gaze met mine and I smiled, whispering 'calm down'. The woman smiled slightly and nodded, and her eyes met Veronica's again, and it was as if she found the calmness to continue. "I, Normani Kordei, accept you, Veronica Iglesias, as my legitimate wife. And I promise to be faithful to you, to love you and to respect you. In happiness and in sadness, in sickness and in health, for the rest of our lives." Normani slid the ring all the way up Veronica's ring finger, which fit perfectly as well.

"If anyone has any objection to this wedding, speak now or forever hold your peace." The old man who ministered the wedding said, sweeping his eyes around the hall, smiling, as if he had just told a witty joke. Silence prevailed in the room. I looked at the man who smiled at the couple in front of him and proceeded. "With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you married."

The tears that I held back so hard, fell down my face at the sight of their happiness and the intensity of the so passionate kiss that was being exchanged by the couple. A rain of applause filled the hall in celebration of the couple's union. Family and friends started hugging each other, and I... well, I stood still staring at the Latina who lavished her smile, not hiding her joy. After a turbulent argument where many things were revealed, it was a relief to see her smile and to be able to smile as well.

"Lauren!" Normani appeared in front of me, her makeup was already practically destroyed by the tears.

"Manibear!" I teased as I hugged her tight. A strong slap was hit on my arm, causing me to groan in pain and laugh at the same time. "Ouch! That hurt, you know?"

"That was the intention." The woman grumbled, pulling away a little, wiping her smeared makeup.

I flashed a broad smile at her failed cleaning attempt, so I promptly set out to help her with a tissue.