Second day (25)

POV Lauren Jauregui

I was awakened by the nurse when she entered the room to perform some medical procedures. Slowly I realized where I was and GOD, it wasn't a dream, Camila still had her eyes closed and a serene expression.

-Good Morning, what time is it? – I asked as I accommodated myself better in the small armchair that was there, and only then I realized that my hand was intertwined with Camila's.

-Good Afternoon, it's already 1PM. – she said smiling, a beautiful smile by the way – Some people came to visit Ms. Cabello.

-Oh, okay.

-You can ask at the front desk for them to put a bed in here, in case you spend more nights here.

-That'd be great. – I said gratefully.

I fixed my hair and grabbed my purse.

-I'm going home to take a shower and I'll be right back. – the young woman just nodded.

When I opened the door, I came across Rob. The man looked elegant, he was wearing a navy blue suit and his hair was impeccable. I walked past him without saying anything, and he entered Camila's room.

-Lauren. – I heard someone call me, I turned around and it was Dinah.

-Hey, Dinah. – I smiled weakly and approached her.

-How is she? – she asked anxiously.

-You know... The same. – she nodded her head sadly – Look, I'm going home, I'm going to eat something and then I'll come back. I don't want to stay here with that asshole Rob.

-Can you believe that I practically had to drag him here? – Dinah was looking at me and I saw the hatred in her eyes – We came together, I called him and he simply told me that he couldn't come. – I huffed and shook my head.

-He's a coward, that's what he is. – I felt my phone vibrate and grabbed it from my purse, it was Taylor – Well, Dinah, I'll be back in 2 hours tops. – she just nodded and I turned around, picking up the phone:

-To what do I owe the honor of your call? – I asked ironically.

-Lauren, we need to talk.

-I don't have time for this. – I said already outside the hospital.

-I just want to talk to you, please.

-Here's the deal, you have 10 minutes to be in front of my house, otherwise, forget it. – I hung up the phone and entered my silver Volvo, starting it.

I haven't even stopped to think about everything that was happening. I had such a quiet life before Camila walked into it. I can't even say how big is the damage that she's done in these last few months. I didn't feel like crying, I felt strong, but the idea of not knowing when she will wake up or if it will happen someday, simply killed me over and over again.

I turned the corner of my street and I could see one of the company's cars parked in front of my house. I parked my car and got out of it.

-You were fast. – I said smiling.

-I was already here. – she said awkwardly – How's Camila?

-Don't act like you care.

Taylor huffed. This was beyond ridiculous.

-Lauren, I haven't been sleeping well since that incident.

-What you call "incident", I call betrayal, in every possible way. You are dirty, Taylor, I won't even invite you in, I don't want your impurity in my house. – I said everything in one breath and Taylor started to cry, and I felt that I was about to break down as well.