04/01/2019 (56)

Previously on Dark Paradise:

My mind worked insanely, searching of ways and ideas to feed all that adrenaline that was caged for so long. Looking at Robert only made things worse. Without realizing it, I was already pacing back and forth in that abandoned warehouse, with an unconscious body in front of me. I never imagined that one day I'd want a person's death so much, want to kill someone as much as I wanted to kill Robert. My feet halted on the ground, stopping exactly in front of him. Grunts escaped his lips, and slowly, he began to move with a pained expression.

"Camila?" Without me realizing it, Lauren walked into the warehouse, startling me.

I looked at the brunette and couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. Her state was deplorable, her whole face was swollen and with traces of blood everywhere. I approached her and my eyes watered. I touched her face lightly and Lauren slightly backed away, making a pained expression. It was heartbreaking to look into her eyes and see that where once was white and green, now was red and green.

"God... You're so hurt." I said the obvious, feeling tears stream down my face involuntarily.

Lauren grabbed my hand that was touching her face and kissed it with her swollen, cut lips. Despite everything she went through, her kiss was still warm and affectionate.

"I'll be fine." The brunette tried to flash a smile, but nothing was working to make it happen.

"Smile for me, Lauren." I said almost in desperation. It was terrifying to see her like that. Lauren just looked at me, shook her head almost in slow motion and then lowered it, letting the tears fall.

A sudden rage filled me and took over me, she was so fragile, so different from the strong Lauren I knew. Robert broke her mask in the worst way possible. I let go of Lauren's hand, balling mine into a fist, and I strode towards Rob's body that was still lying unconscious on the ground. He had to pay for what he did.

"YOU BASTARD!" I shouted through clenched teeth as I struck him on the face. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I shouted again and struck him again, this time on his belly, making the man wake up startled. I sat on his hips and began to strike many punches on his face. "DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH MY WOMAN AGAIN!" I shouted one last time, when I felt Lauren grab me from behind, pulling me off of him. Gagged, Robert just groaned as he tried to spit out the blood that had accumulated in his mouth.

Lauren lifted me up and I got out of her arms, standing with my back turned to the both of them, I couldn't look at him, not now, the anger I was feeling was too colossal to control, it could be dangerous, but I wanted that. When I calmed down a little, I turned around and saw Lauren remove Rob's gag, turning him to the side so he could vomit all the blood that was choking him.

"You've got to be kidding me..." I whispered to myself. "Why are you saving this son of a bitch?" I asked incredulously.

"If he dies by your hands, you'll have lived in vain." She said, already standing and approaching me.

Lauren had made me think about what she had said, and she was right.

I didn't know why the hell I brought Robert to the warehouse. What the fuck was I doing here or with my life? I had no answers to such questions, not when reason was the last thing I had inside me.

My heart sped up in a split second and I couldn't breathe. I gasped and burst into a loud crying. I looked at my shaky hands with blood and despaired even more. I was crying copiously, and I crouched down and buried my hands in my hair. I was crying so much, as if that was going to wash my soul, wash my hands and my hellish days. My head was exploding in conflict.