Escape (19)

NOTE: For a better reading listen to the song "Mama Liked The Roses by Elvis Presley" when I tell you to on the chapter ;)

-----

POV Lauren Jauregui

*(Play song)*

* Oh, mama liked the roses she grew them in the yard

But winter always came around and made the growing way too hard

Oh, mama liked the roses and when she had the time *

Elvis' voice coming out of the speaker made me freeze, my eyes fixed on the small boat hanging in my car, it swung from side to side as if sailing in open seas. Along with the imaginary waves, some memories came to me, taking over my mind.

*Flashback On*

-Laur. – my mother's sweet voice called me, I looked up, she was on the upper part of our boat calling me, I ran towards the stairs, climbing them – Don't run, sweetie, you can fall.

-I won't fall, mommy. – I reassured my mother who approached the stairs.

Within seconds I reached the top step, but my short legs didn't allow me to continue, causing me to slip. But in a quick act my mother's hands grabbed both of my wrists, helping me up.

-Laur, sweetie, I told you to be careful. – mommy pulled me close to her, hugging me tight.

My head sank into her breasts, my little arms automatically tried to close around her body. My eyes closed, I took a deep breath inhaling her natural scent. As we hugged, Elvis' voice, a singer that mommy likes, was present.

* She'd decorate the living room, for all us kids to see

When I hear the Sunday bells ringing in the morning

I remember crying when she used to sing

Oh, mama liked the roses but most of all she cared *

I felt mommy's body start to move, guiding me along with it. I kept my eyes closed, I didn't want to open them.

* About the way we learned to live

And if we said our prayers *

Her sweet voice joined the singer's deep voice, giving a more special touch to the song. Our bodies moved in a great sync.

* You know I kept the family bible

With a rose that she saved inside

It was pressed between the pages

Like it had found a place to hide *

Mommy stopped dancing, my eyes opened when our bodies pulled away. In slow steps she approached the edge of the boat, I did the same, I followed her to the edge. The day was beautiful, my eyes roamed around the space, but mommy kept hers fixed in one place, so I followed them.

* Oh, mama liked the roses in such a special way

We bring them every Mother's Day