The beginning of the end (47)

NOTE: Don't forget, this is the last flashback chapter. In the next chapter, time will go back to normal, and the story will continue right from where it stopped, after Camila and Lauren fucked wildly in her warehouse ;)

-----

*Flashback still On*

POV Camila Cabello

"Sir, I'm telling you, things are complicated." I said, pacing back and forth, hearing the heels of my high-heels echoing in the office.

"You date the suspect, it's not possible that you haven't found anything." Mr. Prado, time or another, slapped his hands on my desk, startling me. The man was visibly nervous.

"Robert is a very clever man, he used another person's name on the website, and it's the name of a dead man, there's not much I can do with that." I said, heading to my desk, sitting on my chair.

"Camila, either you find something more plausible, or they'll remove us from the case, and this is a very big case, we need answers." Mr. Prado said and got up, making me get up as well to see him out.

"Alright, sir." I closed the laptop where was open the website used by Rob to entice minors. "I'll figure something out, I'll solve this case."

"That was exactly what I wanted to hear." The man held out his hand, and I reciprocated with a rather rough handshake. "I trust you, Deputy Cabello." I just nodded with half a smile and watched the man leave my office.

I sat back on my chair, rested my elbows on the desk, and buried my hands in my hair. God! I needed a solution, Rob could not get away with this. He'll pay for every bad thing he has ever done to people. And I'd make sure I was the person who'd make him pay.

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number of the only person who has been there for me lately. Halsey.

"Hey, Mila." She said, yawning.

"Oh my God, you're still sleeping?"

"Things were rough last night at the club, Lauren didn't show up, so I had to cover for her and ended up staying late."

"Whatever!"

Lauren probably had a new little girlfriend. That was the only reason for her not to show up at the club, she loved that place.

Lauren was such a delicate subject at the moment, I was feeling like crap for not being by her side throughout all she was going through. All the family problems she was living, required at least some support from me. But no, instead here I was, focused on my personal revenge against Rob, and I would succeed.

"How can I help you, Camila?"

"The meeting with Mr. Prado just ended..."

"How did it go?" She asked excitedly.

"It wasn't very exciting, well, I showed him everything we found out, the real identity of everyone and the website, however, it's not enough proof, at least for Rob to be arrested as well."

"Yeah, I figured, they want to catch everyone." Halsey said, and then let out a sigh. The poor woman was exhausted.

"I need you to find out where Walter will be tonight."

"Hehe, we're in luck, I was going to save this surprise for later, but I can't stand to see you stressed." She said. "I heard Britt scheduling to meet someone today, and that someone may very well be Walter."

"And when were you going to tell me that?" I asked, irritated.

"As soon as I woke up, but you ruined my plans to sleep another fifteen minutes."