Déjà Vu (57)

POV Camila Cabello

* Breathe deep, breathe clear *

I heard a soft voice humming. I struggled to try to remember, but I was lost. Maybe in some kind of limbo perhaps? It looked like a limbo, everything was torturous and cold, the soft voice that sounded concerned, the smell of alcohol and mint that was hovering in the air. That scent... It's not possible...

"Come on, Camz, you can do it."

Camz?

I felt a soft hand touch my skin, I didn't know exactly where the touch was, I was just feeling it.

* Know that I'm here
Waitin' *

My head weighs a ton, and everything is very confusing. I only remember being in Lauren's warehouse, but now I don't know where I am. But I know she's here, I can feel her scent and her presence.

I felt my heart beat faster, that husky voice making everything vibrate inside seemed so real. I gathered all of my strength and for a split second I can say that I was able to move my hand. What the hell is happening?

"Camz! Camz!" She said desperately.

Everything vibrated. And in the face of all that confusion I just wanted to see her again, at least one last time. I felt her stroking my hair. I wanted to scream, I wanted to tell her that I'm here, that it's me, but I couldn't.

"Please, did you do that? Camz, please, do it again, I'm here." In response, I squeezed her hand again, only harder this time.

Lauren, get me out of here, I'm so scared! My subconscious shouted. I didn't expect to survive, that night I was sure that it would be the last time I would be with her, but now here I am. I couldn't understand, but it doesn't matter, I just wanted to see her.

"Camz ... me ... is not a dream." No, it's not a dream, I squeezed her hand again, but this time I kept a firm hold on her hand, indicating that I'm here and that I want to get out of this state. I began to feel her hand sweat and shake. "Oh my God, Camila ... .... ... baby ... everything ... alright. I'll be right back." No, I didn't want her away from me. I tried to squeeze her hand again, trying to keep her close to me, but it was too late, she had already left, bringing fear and anguish to the surface once more.

I'm... so scared... I regretted acting on impulse. I regretted letting all this fear dominate me and not let me think coherently.

I heard the sound of a door opening. Footsteps and voices came towards me.

"I am, I swear." The voices made themselves more present, clearer, and then I knew who it was and that all this wasn't really a dream. "Camz? Camz, show her, baby, let us help you."

Baby that term of endearment made my heart race and I immediately squeezed Lauren's hand.

"Everything is going to be alright." Her hand stroked my face, caressing it tenderly. "Camila? Camila, can you hear me?" The words were stuck in my throat. "Look at me." Lauren encouraged me, with words, to wake up from this. Slowly my eyelids started to open. The strong light forced me to force my sight, everything was blurry. "Camila, is everything okay?" I looked at her with difficulty, but still I could see the sea green of her eyes.

"Lauren." I whispered hoarsely, my throat was burning. But suddenly Lauren was no longer holding my hand, a young woman took her away from me and I wanted to scream and ask her to let her stay by my side, but I couldn't, my voice wouldn't come out.