The re-encounter (29)

NOTE: This chapter will be *a week before*, it will start right before Camila wakes up from her coma and it will go from there in Camila's POV.

-----

POV Camila Cabello

*Flashback On* - *A week before*

* Breathe deep, breathe clear *

I heard the soft voice humming. I was trying to move, making a colossal effort to do so, but nothing happened, was I lost in some kind of limbo perhaps? It looked like a limbo, everything was torturous, the cold, the soft voice that sounded concerned, the smell of alcohol and mint that was hovering in the air. That scent...

-Come on, Camz, you can do it.

Camz?

I felt a soft hand touch my skin, I didn't know exactly where the touch was, I was just feeling it.

* Know that I'm here

Waitin' *

Everything is very confusing. I know that Lauren is here, but why can't I see her? Why can't I touch her? I just could feel her presence, her voice, her scent. She was present in everything. I felt my heart beat faster, that husky voice making me come out of my state. I gathered all of my strength and for a split second I can say that I was able to move my hand. What the hell am I doing here?

-Camz! Camz! - she said desperately.

I felt her stroke my hair. I wanted to scream, I wanted to tell her that I'm here, that it's me.

-Please, did you do that? Camz, please, do it again, I'm here.

To try and answer her, I squeezed her hand again, only harder this time.

Lauren, get me out of here, I'm so scared. My subconscious shouted.

-Camz ... me ... is not a dream.

I was so desperate and starting to freak out. No, it's not a dream, I squeezed her hand again, but this time I kept a firm hold on her hand, indicating that I'm here and that I want to get out of this state. I began to feel her hand sweating and shaking.

-Oh my God, Camila ... .... ... baby ... everything ... alright. I'll be right back.

No, I didn't want her away from me. I tried to squeeze her hand again, trying to keep her close to me, but it was too late, she had already left, bringing the fear again.

I heard the sound of a door opening. Footsteps and voices came towards me.

-I am, I swear.

The voices made themselves more present, it was no longer just a whisper, and now I could be sure that it really wasn't a dream.

-Camz? Camz, show her, baby, let us help you.

"Baby" that term of endearment made my heart race, I immediately squeezed Lauren's hand.

-Everything is going to be alright.

Her hand stroked my face, making a wonderful caress.

-Camila? Camila, can you hear me?

The words were stuck in my throat.

-Look at me. - the brunette said, encouraging me to wake up from where I was.

Slowly my eyelids started to open. The strong light forced me to force my sight, everything was cloudy.

-Camila, is everything okay?