There's no forgiveness (36)

POV Lauren Jauregui

Two weeks had passed by, two strange weeks, strange in the sense that my world got turned upside down, being more specific, Camila is the reason for that, the Latina brought in me what I believed to be the worst of feelings, the feeling of love. I love Normani, she's like a sister to me, but with Camila Cabello was different, a different love. During these two weeks, the Deputy and I spent good part of our time together, getting to know each other outside our work schedule, of course, but even so the Deputy sometimes surprised me with her visits, according to her, she only went to enjoy my voice.

I had just woken up, I was exhausted, I stayed up late yesterday helping with some things in the club. Camila, just like me, also stayed late at the precinct. I had taken a break from my hobby, but the Deputy was at full blast, Miami wasn't such a quiet place.

I got up and without further ado did my morning hygiene, I got dressed and descended the stairs, I was very excited, today I had agreed to spend the day with Camila and someone else in particular, but first I had to go to Normani's house, I promised her that I'd tell her everything about this "relationship" of mine with Camila. With our busy days, we barely had time to talk.

I was driving in a hurry through the streets of Miami, I missed talking to my best friend. I stopped the car in front of her house, got out and locked it, and walked to her door and hurriedly rang the bell twice. It was possible to hear the footsteps getting closer and closer to the door.

"You were fast, did you miss me?" I asked, being wrapped by Normani's arms.

"Idiot." Normani pulled away, slapping me on the shoulder. "I didn't think you'd take my threat seriously and come here today. I'm glad you realized who the boss in our friendship is." I started to laugh.

"Baby, who are you talkin..." Veronica didn't finish the rest of sentence once she appeared at the door and saw me hugging her girlfriend. The brunette looked at Normani and then at me. If a look could burn, Vero's would surely have charred me.

"Hello, Vero." I approached the brunette with a cynical smile on my lips, and she didn't move from where she was, only brought her hand to my back as I hugged her.

"What are you doing here, Jauregui?" She grunted lowly through clenched teeth, and I let out a nasal laugh.

"What do you mean 'what am I doing here'? This is my best friend's house, I come here whenever I want." I whispered before pulling away and looking at Veronica, who kept a serious countenance.

"Hum..." Normani cleared her throat, drawing our attention. "Is something going on?"

The both of us looked at her, Normani had a confused countenance, her eyebrows were arched and her arms crossed across her breasts.

"It's nothing, baby, can we go to the living room? I made some cookies." Vero said, moving to the side so I could enter.

Normani just nodded, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. I didn't look back, just kept walking, being guided by Normani.

We sat on her black leather couch, it made me remember the night when Camila and I had had crazy good sex in Sté's office. That morning Camila and I left in a hurry, because surprisingly Sté showed up at the club, luckily I had woken up before and had seen her car arrive.

"Earth to Lauren!" Normani snapped her fingers in front of me, I shook my head and looked at my best friend who started laughing. "Where were you? It seemed like a nice place because the smile on your face doesn't fool anyone..."

"It was nothing... I mean, it was something good... It was Camila." I smiled, biting the corner of my lip. I didn't even notice that Veronica was already sitting next to Normani.