Discovery (28)

POV Lauren Jauregui

I needed to call someone, my head was spinning, I didn't know whether to scream, to cry even more or if I simply just sat down on the floor and tried to calm down. I chose the third option after counting to ten, and then sat on the cold hospital floor next to Camila's room door. I buried my hands in my hair. Dinah, she needs to know. I grabbed my phone from my pocket to call the brunette.

-Ms. Jauregui? – I heard a voice calling me, but my thoughts were far away – Lauren?

-Yes... – I said trying to show a bit of attention.

-Lauren, look at me, it's me, Lívia.

The name "Lívia" brought me back to the real world, reminding me of the young nurse who took care of Camila, maybe she has good news.

-Oh. Hi, Lívia. – I looked at the young woman in front of me, I allowed myself to analyze her, I had never noticed how beautiful she is.

Lívia has a genuine beauty, she's thin, tall and her red hair was a charm, but the freckles close to her eyes were even more.

-Hi, drink some water, you are whiter than normal.

Lívia held out a glass in her hand, I looked at it and then looked at her. Lívia just smiled in a reassuring way, so I grabbed it and brought it straight to my mouth, taking two big sips. The water went down my throat with a certain burning at first, but soon started to numb the pain of thirst that I had barely noticed I had.

-Thank you. – I thanked her, taking another sip – How is she? Can I see her now?

-No, not yet, but you'll soon.

A pang of disappointment hit me with full force again, leaving me visibly sad. I wanted so badly to look into those eyes again, I wanted so badly to tell her that everything is alright.

-Hey, relax... Why don't you call someone else? From what I remember, this room used to be full of people to see her, they'll like to know.

-Oh my God! – I palmed my forehead – I completely forgot, I have to call everyone.

-Do that, now I have to go back to see how your friend is. – Lívia smiled, supporting her hand on my thigh to get up – I'll call you when she's ready to receive visitors.

I just nodded and watched the young nurse disappear from my line of sight. With an absurd speed, I found Dinah's number in my contact list and called her. It was already on the fifth ring and I was about to give up, when Dinah's hoarse voice spoke:

-Who's bothering me at this hour?

-Dinah? – I asked in a choked voice.

-Lauren? What happened? – she had noticed my trembling voice.

-Dinah, our girl woke up! – I only heard Dinah's breathing get heavy – Yes, Dinah, she woke up, please come be with me, I'm going crazy.

I felt my tears about to overflow, but I held them in.

-Are you kidding me? You better not be joking with a cop, you bitch.

-N... No, Dinah, I swear, I'm not kidding. – I said anxiously and heard Dinah laughing on the other side, she was having a crisis.

I remained silent, my silence meant that I wasn't kidding.

-Oh my God, Lauren, I'm on my way there.

It was the last thing said by Dinah before she hang up the phone without even saying goodbye.

-----