Chapter 1

Violet POV

The strange feeling of being watched overwhelmed me. I knew it was a bad mistake to walk home alone. Stupid. Stupid. No one would be on the streets this late at night. Who stays after at the library anyways? Oh right, me. I finally found a consequence for being so studious and I scolded myself for it. 

I kept my gaze to the concrete before me and continued walking quickly. I counted each slab. Only two more blocks, Violet. Make a right turn then you'll be on the home stretch. I would soon be warm in my comfortable bed. I bit my lip in anticipation. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight and my gut plummeted. 

I walked faster when I heard faint footsteps falling behind me. I didn't dare take a look behind. They echoed off the brick walls beside me. Closer they got. Maybe they belong to another innocent civilian who was on their way from the library as well. I knew that the chances were slim, but I wanted to convince myself that it was true. My hands began shaking so I wrapped them around my body and took a deep breath. My heart was pounding against my chest. 

I made a dash for it. Paranoia got to the best of me. What if they dragged me into a nearby alleyway? Do they only want my money? I only had about $20 plus my beat-up phone. What if it was something worse? 

Before I knew it, I got yanked and slammed against the brick wall. A hand covered my mouth before I could shout and scream. I struggled against the grasp. A manly grunted sounded behind me. I could not do anything but squirm like a worm. He hissed into my ear and goosebumps rose at the unfamiliar sound. 

He knocked me to the ground. I landed with a thud. There was a sharp pain shooting from my hip and I bit on my lip from wincing. He shoved me onto the ground. The cold sidewalk soaked through my thin jacket and my entire body was shaking. My mind screamed 'murder'. Goodbye kind world. I never got to see the rest of you. 

My tear-filled eyes glanced back at flaming red irises. "Don't worry sweetie. This will only hurt a little." His coarse voice hissed. My eyes grew wide and I tried to scream again, but his hand was over it. My breathing became shallow and I was feeling very dizzy. I saw a menacing smirk on his shaded features.

A sharp pain at my abdomen stung and numbed my upper torso. Of course nobody would hear my muffled screaming. My mind was buzzing as my eyes flickered to anything but the stranger above me. Please just be a dream.

My vision blurred. My head was spinning. I went in and out of consciousness.

The strange man, who held me down, brushed his cold fingers down along my jawline. My body was shaking uncontrollably. 

A hiss sounded from the alleyway and not long after, the red-eyed man was swept off my body. Although he was physically off me, the mental weight seemed evident. I felt paralyzed. Nothing could move. I stared into the dark, cloudy sky and wondered of the stars that hid. 

A loud, painful scream disrupted my peace. My wonders vanished from my thoughts and everything went blank. Slightly warm liquid touched my fingertips. Violet, you are bleeding. You need help. 

My head was soon rested on someone's lap. A hand was pressured against my stomach. A warm and firm hand cupped my face. His thumb stroked my cheek. I shivered as chills traveled down my spine.

"It's ok. You're going to be ok." A deep, mysteriously soothing voice whispered in my ear. My eyes were barely open to see dark chocolate eyes that were filled with panic and alarm. I let a deep breath out then consciousness consumed me.

I was washed upon a sea of dark chocolate. The faint contour of his high cheekbones and long lashes brushed gently against my skin. My head moved in the motion of waves. His voice was deep and alluring. My heart could not get enough of him, it would only beat faster at his thought.

The sudden feeling of sinking and drowning enveloped me and my eyes cracked open. Everything around me was buzzing as fast as my mind. Brilliant fluorescent lights shined down on me. The distant shouting of people around me brought me back to reality. Pain, pain, pain. Everywhere. My body felt different. Something had changed, or was it because I appeared to be in a hospital? Nothing really mattered. You can take me if you want. I pleaded to God. I had nothing to lose. Everything in my life had been taken away from me that even death seemed inviting.

I felt a slight pinch on my arm, but that did not bother me for I have experienced some greater pain in my life. None of this mattered. The last thing I saw was the worry on the face that I have craved so much.

A/N: Hello lovelies! I just edited a bit here and there. I might do that for several other chapters. Hope that all is well and I will see you later!

~Jade xoxo