Chapter 30

Asher POV

I caught a small scent of Violet somewhere in this room. I swiveled on the balls of my heels but was overwhelmed by the shouting and yelling. My heart beat quickly and it did not falter it's rate.

I turned to my left and was tackled by another large overweight man. The sword was knocked from my hand. I looked over my head to reach for it, but it was too far. I growled and bit down onto the man's very blubbery throat. I gagged at his blood. I shoved him off me and picked up my sword.

He scooted backwards on his bum. His face was sweaty and he was actually heaving. This must be a joke. If my sister's army consisted of this, then they stood no chance.

I walked menacingly toward my opponent until his back hit the dirt wall. I swung the sword swiftly between my fingers and slashed out. His blood splattered along the back wall. I walked away with a smirk. Nobody comes in my way of finding Violet.

Her trail still remained strong and I followed it outside. The cool breeze was mixed with her distinct scent. After coming into a clearing from the trees, I heard her sniffles before a tree. "Violet!" I shouted. The sniffles stopped and she came around the tree trunk. A smile reached my face. She's safe. She's here.

"Ash!" She shouted and started running towards me. "No!" I hear her screaming and when I turned around, I only saw my sister's devious smile and a knife pierced through my chest.

I choked on my own blood. My fingertips brushed against the blade. My own sister. What have we become? Nothing but a history of related blood. The thick red liquid spilled over my lips.

"You." My voice came out as a mere seethe. My teeth was gritted and grabbed onto her collar. "Fuck. You." Each second that passed by, my black shirt got darker as the blood spread and soaked my skin.

"The throne will always be mine, brother." She whispered in my ear and stabbed me once more. I gasped and collapsed to my knees. Violet was the only thing that filled my mind. The cold ground hugged my head and soon wrapped me within it's darkness.

Violet POV

My heart got crushed when Ash fell face first to the ground. "You bitch! How could you do this to your own brother?" I shouted across the field. She shrugged and strutted closer to me.

I took a few steps back and realized that I did not have anywhere else to go but back into the woods. Ash was there. His lifeless body lay in the cold night. My heart rate increased and my mind became vacant. I did not know what to do. Anabelle was getting closer and I was running out of time.

"Better hurry, darling. Prince Charming doesn't have much time left. Fight me like a real vampire and stop running away. Seriously, you get more and more pathetic every time I see you." She paced back and forth in the middle of the field. What do I do? What do I do? Think Violet. Ash is dying.

Energy grew inside me, the rage and anger exploded from me. I have had enough of her teasing and taunting. Thunder clapped in the distance and rain poured down. She screamed and shouted something about her makeup being ruined. She threw her heels to the sidelines. What a bitch!

I used vampire speed and strength to tackled her down. I threw several punches at her. She shoved me off of her and we both composed a strong stance with our fangs extended down.

She lunged at me first, but I quickly dodged. I grabbed a nearby fallen tree branch and slammed it against her back. She hissed in pain, but I had no mercy. I straddled her and threatened to choke her.

"Tell me how I cure Ash!" I shouted. When she didn't reply, my grasp on her neck tightened. She managed to snicker.

"Oh you won't. That dagger had dark magic in it. It will be nearly impossible to cure him. He has 48 hours before magic kills him. You will never find the cure." Her face was turning slightly blue to purple. I have had enough of her tricks and games. My eyes saw red.

My fangs gripped down on her neck and ripped her throat out. Blood spewed everywhere. Her eyes were wide open and they stare back at me without a blink. She lay there lifeless with a mocking smile. I did not care for her anymore, I ran to Ash's side.

All the veins in his body has protruded and turned to a deadly black color. Anabelle was right. He has less than two days now. I needed to get help in bringing him back to the castle.

I lifted his upper body and dragged him the farthest I could before running into a guard. He helped me lift Ash onto his horse; soon enough, I was charging towards the castle gates. The night wind brushed my tears to the side. I placed a hand on his hard back.

"I promise, everything will be ok." I whispered to myself rather than him. The rain continued to pour and lightning cracked at occasional times.

We were both soaked by the time I had a border guard aid me to get him into the infirmary safely. Doctors bustled about preparing to stitch the two punctures on his chest. While a few others busied to find a cure or any vaccine within the sort.

Meanwhile, I sat in a chair outside the operation room. My stomach churned as I played the waiting game and hoped for the best. Please let my Asher be ok, even if it meant that I would not.