Chapter 37

Violet POV

"He is so mysterious and dark." Jilly whispered in my ear. I agreed, there was definitely no denying in that. "Tall, as well." I chuckled at that last mention. I was not bothered at that fact. I actually admire men who tower over me, higher than 6 foot tall. 

"You'll like him once you get to know him." I reassured her. She sighed. 

"I wish I have someone like that. Someone who looks at me with love and treats me like a princess." Jilly was always a hopeless romantic. She sighed again and pulled me into a warm hug. "It doesn't help if you are taller than the average woman anyway." Her head rested on my shoulder. Our giggles vibrated off each other's chests. I have missed her all too much. 

"Someday. Someday, darling." I whispered into her ear. We pulled back to see Cameron's head hanging out the back window. He was impatiently waiting for us to get into the car. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior, one of his fine qualities. 

I threw the keys to Ash with a smirk. He caught it with ease. I can not wait to feel the wind blowing my hair again. Several students stood nearby the curb and admired the car from afar. I put my shade back on and hopped into the passenger seat. I was getting a kick out of this. 

"Let's go for a ride around town. Maybe hang out at the beach or something." I suggested. Cameron agreed without hesitation. All eyes turned to Jillian. She stood still. "Depends if your parents would mind or not." I simply said. She thought about it then shrugged and settled into the back seat, next to Cameron. 

"Let's do it." She gave a wide smile. This is going to be great. 

We had milkshakes for lunch and it was Cam's idea to go down the mall strip before a stop to the beach. 

"Does Ash always look at you like this?" Cameron whispered. The hot, mysterious man was leaning in the front of the shop with his shades on and his eyes boring into my soul. Tell him yes. Ash said with a smirk. "Because girl, he is total eye candy. I could stare at him all day and not complain." And thank you. He added. I rolled my eyes. This two boys were giving me a headache. 

"Yes, he always looks at me like a lost puppy. Don't try to boost his ego too much, babe." I poked Cameron. He giggled and tried on a scarf. Babe? I rolled my eyes and ignored Ash. Mr. Dracula could not take a joke on pet names. 

Jilly walked out of the closet and twirled in her baby blue dress; that looked absolutely beautiful on her. "You look so gorgeous! You should totally get it, Jilly." As soon as I said that, she gaze fell and she mumbled that she did not have any money. Ash! Get your butt over here... please. He walked over with a raised eyebrow. Miss me?  He asked with a knowing smirk. I ignored him again. An additional friend to our trio would be absolutely disastrous, especially when it was cocky Ash.

"Jilly doesn't have money at this moment, so can you spare some change, kind sir?" I batted my lashes while saying so. He nodded without hesitation. The lady started shaking her head like mad. 

"No way am I letting your boyfriend pay for this dress. It's okay! I will just wait for it to go on sale." She refuted with her face turning red. She seemed ashamed of the remark, but it was really no bother. Who knows when she'll be in need of this lovely dress. I rolled my eyes again. 

"Don't make me take that dress off of you myself." I smirked then took a step towards her. She yelped and ran into the closet yelling 'okay!' over her shoulder. I winked at Ash and heard Cameron squealing like a little girl. I shook my head at the nonsense. We even managed to attract the attention of several other ladies; in which they were eying the mighty Prince.