Chapter 31

Violet POV

I hadn't realized that the king and queen sat next to me until the queen wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"He is going to be alright, dear. I know him, he is very strong. He will never leave you behind. He loves you too dearly." Her soothing voice filled my ears. I looked up and pulled her in for a hug.

"Thank you", I whispered. I really do hope so. I did not know what I would do without him. Anabelle's vile words echoed through my mind. My poor Ash had less than 2 days and I did not know where to begin for the cure. I realized how much he loved me by putting his own life in danger to save me and make sure that I was okay. This was all my fault. My body began shaking and I could not get rid of the chills that traveled down my spine.

Asher, the brave man who put himself on the line to save me, was in this condition because of me. I bit back the tears that threatened to trickle. His mom stroked my back and whispered how much he would hate to see me like this. I laughed in a silly matter. She's right. Now is definitely the time to be strong for him. I pulled back and smiled at her. Her brown eyes sparkled in amusement.

The king chuckled beside her. "He is a very stubborn boy. You should've seen the determination on his face. He would have killed everyone if it meant to get you back." That made me cry even more. The king remained quiet after that. It wasn't his fault, anyways.

He sacrificed himself for me. All those guards were hurt because of me. The queen stroked my back again and I continued crying, on her shoulder, for who knows how long until Caleb walked up.

He had scratches and blood all over his body. "Your highnesses. And Violet." He bowed his head and bent over to whisper into the king's ear. The king was frozen shocked in his seat when Caleb finished talking and stood back.

"What is it, Raymond?" The queen asked in urgency. Her eyes were wide. She knew that look all too well. He flickered his eyes from the queen to me. Was it something that I have done?

"The prophecy was right, Adriana." Then her eyes widened even more. She pulled back away from me and stood. They both cleared their throats and bowed their heads. A cold breeze wafted into the room. I shivered in the seat and wrapped my body with my arms. No more surprises, please. I pleaded with my eyes briefly closed.

"You have defeated and executed Anabella Sinclair. We are very grateful of you for doing such a great deed. It had been very, very long since she has been knocking on our castle walls and have betrayed us." I just sat in shock while the king spoke. What in the world is happening?

My mind was spinning. None of this made sense. Had everyone been keeping a secret from me? I glanced to Caleb, who stood behind the royal highnesses, with his head still bowed. I bit my lips. What prophecy should I be concerned of?

"The prophecy stated that someone very powerful and the heir to the alpha werewolf would defeat Anabelle." The king continued. My stare remained blank. What did the king just say? I was deciphering my thoughts when the king announced again.

"Violet, your father is the alpha."