Chapter 45

Violet POV

The massive white wolf began charging towards me. I drew my fangs and hissed. Adrenaline pumped through my veins. I will be in this fight alone. If I stayed one step in front of her, then I could win strategically. The winds began picking up and the ground rumbled beneath us. The cold air brushed through my over-heated body. My legs wanted to buckle, but I fought against the temptation. The other werewolves were in shock from the sudden change of weather and did nothing but take a couple steps back. 

The rumbling ground turned more violent. I stood my ground and stared into the woman's eyes. They held flames that spoke of danger. She was getting impatient with the small diversions created from my imagination. Her roar echoed throughout the field. She made her way slowly to me with her sharp teeth clear in sight. I used vampire speed to reach her side and climb onto her back. She was spinning in circles, it was a clear advantage that her age could not be compared to mine. 

I bit down on the back of her neck where the top of her spine was. She howled and gripped onto my arm to throw me off. I slammed against the ground, the air had only been knocked out of me for a brief second. 

Recovering almost immediately, I stood my ground and smirked. She had no idea what I had in store for her. I took a deep breath and shook the adrenaline from my body as she circled me on her hind legs. I gained strength and raised my hand up slowly. She froze on her spot, unsure what to do. She tilted her head and squinted her eyes at me. My smirk had never faltered. 

The ground beneath us two started rising. A yelp escaped from her mouth and she gripped into the dry grass tightly. I smirked and stood strong. I put my hand down until we were 30 feet in the air, and began swirling my finger in the thin atmosphere. The wind picked up even more and her wolf figure was shaking. I did not want to stop with this teasing, but I did not continue moving my finger. I stood with a smirk. She will be the one helping me on winning this battle. 

As soon as she stood on her hind legs, I lung towards her. The jump from my floating island to hers was about 10 feet. I did not dare look down at the ground, or people below us. I kept my gaze on her throat. I dreaded for the taste of her blood. 

I knocked her off the edge with my grip tight around her throat. She was going to break the fall for me. I held her at arms length. She choked and gagged; but for the first time since I've met her, she had fear written in her eyes. The large furry body slammed against the ground, manifesting a crater and a wave of dust, which floated towards the frightened crowd. The ring had spread out to a larger circumference. The satisfaction coursed through my body. I intended to imply fear into this clan. I wanted them to witness such violence to never mess with this kingdom ever again. 

Whichever person that I have made eye contact with had looked away. They did not dare to stare into my dark gray eyes. Nobody would recognize the same Violet that they thought they had known. I felt dangerous with such adrenaline coursing through my body. The rush felt satisfying and I could not stop with the violence. 

I stood and waited for her to get up but she was wheezing and spit up blood. I glanced down to meet her white coat, but only saw red. "You're stronger than I anticipated." She mumbled. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Nobody should think that they are stronger than the other. We all had tricks up our sleeves. 

"Never underestimate me." I declared through gritted teeth. She groaned and her spine popped multiple times as she tried to get up. I placed a foot on her chest and held her down. "Don't agree to a fight when you know you'll lose." I stated and stepped off. 

I pointed my finger straight to the ground, and in an instant, the two floating islands slammed back into place on the ground. "Anything else you would like to say?" I asked with a mocking smile. She chuckled and coughed up more blood.