Chapter 23

Violet POV

I regretted asking that question when the boys took me to the art supply closet. The majority of artworks were made by Aidan, but there was a secret stash of paint on the top shelf. We each got a tube of paint, then on the count of three, started squirting each other all over the body.

Multi-colored paints flew across the room. We probably looked like a unicorn pooped on us. I was having a blast! I screamed when Caleb got a tub of paint and poured it all over Ash. I laughed my ass off. Ash started chasing after me, asking for a hug.

He looked like a giant Smurf. I hid behind Caleb. Ash slipped and fell on Caleb, who then fell on me. We were a group of bundled Smurfs. I could stop laughing, there was no doubt that I was laughing like a maniac.

We all lay on the floor, very much blue and having wide grins on our faces. This was the best day of my life. I've never had this much fun before.

When a maid walked in, she gasped and walked back out. "Awkward!" Caleb sang. He stood for a second then got pink paint and splashed it down on us. He laid back down with us and chuckled. I played with the sticky paint on my fingers.

After a moment he sat up and said, "Just kidding, guys. I think we made enough of a mess today. We gotta save some for tomorrow." He winked then walked out the room. My mouth was wide open, who was going to clean this mess then? I would feel terrible if someone else had to clean it besides us.

Ash and I tiptoed quietly down the hallway to our bedrooms. We stopped on our tracks when the queen was standing in front of my door.

We backtracked until we met with Ash's dark oak doors and entered. Ash and I had more color than his room; it was only boring shades of gray and black. Elegant and simple, but a bit bland. A typical guy's room. I thought. I honestly would not have expected any more than dark colors.

I asked to use his shower while waiting for his mother to leave my door. Feeling sticky started to really irritated me. He nodded. I trashed my clothes on the floor and hopped in the shower. From dark blue to light blue and hot pink to nothing, the colors faded from vibrant to clear as I scrubbed my body even more.

Once I hopped out the shower and wrapped the towel around me, I realized that I had no spare clothing, so I went into his closet and grabbed a black t-shirt. I'm sure he doesn't mind. He seemed to have one too many of these black tees anyway.

I turned around and saw him leaning against the doorframe in his disheveled, wet hair. His arms were crossed and his eyebrow was raised. I mirrored his image. How did he get cleaned if I was using his shower? Oh well. It happened somehow.

He reached around my body to grab a duplicate shirt and a pair of dark-washed jeans. "I'll give you the shirt back once I'm in my clean clothes again." I told him. He smiled and shook his head.

"Keep it." He simply stated. A wide smile came across my face and I pulled him in for a hug. "You smell good in my shampoo." He said with a kiss on the forehead. I laughed and playfully shoved him off.

When I peeked through the two dark doors, his mother was now talking to the same maid that we saw in the art closet.

"Uh, Ash? I think we've been caught." He peeked his head out as well and rolled his eyes.

"We'll clean up tomorrow. And don't forget to drag Caleb too. He won't get away with this." We were about to close the door when Aidan came running down the hallway and screaming, 'Smurf, Smurf, Smurf!' Oh no. The kid was completely blue! "What the hell?" Ash and I laughed then grabbed Aidan in for a bath.

And as predicted, we made a bubble bath way too bubbly. The bubbles were splashing onto the ground. Aidan blew bubbles onto our clothes. Ash and I were a wet mess. Now I see who Aidan takes after with his goofiness.

Once we calmed down and finished washing, we cuddled together on a chair, on Ash's balcony. The three of us stared at the stars. I kissed Ash on the lips then fell asleep hugging Aidan and Ash hugging me.