Chapter 11

Violet POV

I could not stop sending death glares to Asher once the king dismissed himself. He had a lot of explaining to do. The queen cleared her throat and introduced herself. I bowed my head stiffly.

"I believe that you think we're myths, Violet." Her tone was hard and stern. I sighed and nodded. I wanted to believe them, but I could not because there was no proof that they even exist. "Would you like proof?" Was she reading my mind? Could vampires do that? I had so many unanswered questions but I nodded once more. I was tired of guessing. I thought I had trusted Asher. My feelings have changed for him. He had kept this away from me the entire time. I've stayed and risked my life with bloodsucking monsters.

Within a second, she was standing behind me. Okay, so hyperspeed is checked off. She zoomed to stand next to Asher. He knew what she was going to do.

She held a cup of the juice in front of his face. I closed my eyes briefly and thought of the worst. Have I been drinking blood the entire time? Please no fangs.

My plead did no avail. Asher drew down his fangs before my eyes. I sat frozen in my seat. My heart began racing. How is that possible? I have been spending so much time with a vampire for the past two days. Oh no, I was leaving this premises.

I needed to go before things got bloody and ugly. She strutted to me with a satisfied look. I felt fangs grow from my canines as soon as she put that "juice" below my nose. That's not juice, Violet! It's blood! You were drinking cup after cup of it yesterday. I closed my eyes. I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"What have you done to me?" I said with a serious look and tone. My body was shaking. My fists clenched tightly. I could not face Asher or the Queen at this point. I was sickened. They have turned me into a monster. I am a monster. I just wanted to run away, but I highly doubt that I would make it far anywhere with their speed. The queen's amused laugh rang out.

"You see darling? You are one of us now. Frankly, I was as shocked as you when Asher brought you through the gates. It is his responsibility to tell you exactly why you are turned and why you can never leave." She gave her son a death glare. He sank into his seat even more.

After she departed the room, my gaze remained to an interesting piece of lint on the ground. I felt Asher's desperate gaze begging for my attention. I refuse to face him. He turned me into a monster and I will never forgive him.

For once, I wanted to go home. I would rather face my dad than him. Anywhere than his presence. I wanted to get as far away from here as possible. I thought that he would change me and make my life a better hell.

"Violet, please talk to me." He begged. I shook my head slowly. He slid swiftly off his seat and knelt before me. He grabbed both my hands and pleaded for attention. I chose to ignore the electric shock traveling through my body. I didn't know what to feel. Happy that I haven't been home for days? Mad that Asher had done this to me? Do I dare listen to what my heart says?

My head was still not wrapped around the fact that some fictional myths existed. What else is in the world if vampires were around? I cleared my throat and stood. I did not want to face him right now; although I sensed him glancing up at me with sorrowful eyes.

"Your majesty." I said professionally, while bowing my head. He had lost my trust. I plan to run away as soon as possible.

I exited the study and walked straight to my room. As soon as the door closed, I slumped down against it with my hand over my mouth. The burning tears poured one after the other.

Could my life get any worse? Why was this happening to me? I didn't ask to be attacked. I didn't ask to be turned. I didn't ask to fall in love with Asher.