Chapter 50

Caleb POV

We left at sunrise. Jill had told me that her parents were super early birds, so I hesitantly agreed to meet them. Jill had sensed my nervousness and tried to calm me down with her touch, but I was still sweating bullets. 

We were parked in front of their little quaint, white house. I took a couple of deep breaths. She grabbed my hand and gave it a slight squeeze for reassurance, but it was still shaking. What if they didn't like me? Would we have to tell them about the whole vampire situation?  

Jill laughed making her cute little dimple show. "You're going to be okay. It's not like daddy would pull out his shotgun on you." My eyes widened. Great, he's that kind of father. Oh hell. Are my hands too sweaty? I didn't want to come off as Mr. Clammy Hands. My mind was running like a hamster wheel. The adrenaline was definitely there and I did not know what to do at the moment but sit in this car with Jill. 

"Just follow my lead and talk to them. Make some casual conversations." She gave a small smile before exiting the car. I took another deep breath. Well here goes nothing.

Jill had to ring the doorbell twice before a large, burly man answered the door. "Daddy!" She bounded into his arms. He had a huge smile when he saw her, but kept his eyes on me while hugging her. My stomach churned. Now would be a very bad time to be vomit all over his porch and lovely tulips. Maybe it's the unsettling mustache? 

"How are you, sweetie?" His rough voice sounded. I sensed a slight growl in his tone. I didn't blame him, he was only protective over his daughter. I stood behind and let them have their little reunion. Jill gave him a smile and stayed in his arms.

"Daddy, this is Caleb." She gestured towards me. I managed to maintain his intimidating eye contact and shook his hand. He grunted. 

"Firm", I heard him say. I pointed my eyes to the porch and kept a strong interest on an ant passing by. Oh, how calming his lifestyle must be right now. Jill gave me a brief death glare. You can be such an ass. Daddy isn't half that bad. I grimaced and noted my punishment after this visit. 

"Michael, who is it, dear?" A woman's voice called from inside. He turned around and made way for a petite woman. 

"Jilly is home." The intimidating man replied. I bit my lip. How would her mother react in my presence? I smiled shyly and stood a few feet back. She pulled back from the hug and looked at me up and down. 

"And who's this handsome devil?" She smirked at me. I chuckled nervously. Please don't tell me that her mother just checked me out. She did that to make you uncomfortable, dummy. I gave a tight smile to Jill. She is having way too much fun with this. 

Jill introduced me and I shook her hand as well. I guess her dad is the only intimidating one, meanwhile her mom is only being the typical crazy mother. Her mom cleared her throat and invited us in while Michael continued blocking more than half the doorway. I squeezed my way through and took a look around the house.

Once through the front door, it led to a small archway which seemed to be the entrance of the kitchen, I looked to my left and saw a piano and a dining set. To the right, the t.v. was on a low volume and there sat a huge recliner and a sofa. A small house but very cozy indeed. 

I walked to the piano and brushed my finger tips along the glossy black coat. "I didn't know that you played piano." I smirked at Jill. She shrugged like it was no big deal. "Play something for me." Her eyes widened and she shook her head furiously, but her mom interjected and insisted as well. I will get you back later. Jill said with a low growl. I chuckled a bit. Well, scratch that. Two things in the punishment list now.