Chapter 19

Asher POV

Violet appeared in the kitchen with a bright smile on her face. She looked breathtaking. I hid the smile behind the blood glass. How she sauntered to the blood storage made my heart skip a beat. I sighed a bit and took a step away from the counter.

I am very lucky to be destined with her. I can see that she will make me the happiest vampire alive. I pulled her in for a hug then placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Guess what." She said with a big smile. I raised an eyebrow and smirked. What had absolutely gotten her in such a good mood this morning. She giggled. "Your mother apologized to me! I am so happy!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and planted a small one on my lips. My eyes widened. I had honestly been shocked. Mother apologized? She hardly ever done that. I smiled nonetheless and embraced her tightly.

"Don't ever leave me." I whispered with my face buried in her soft, wavy hair. She giggled into my chest and shook her head.

Caleb approached us and slapped me on the shoulder. That was a message for my dismissal. I did not want to attend training, but I thought about what Mother said yesterday and I knew she was right. I was going to be a king, so it was time to start acting like one.

Violet POV

I found Aidan playing with his stuffed animals. The nanny was chasing him around the room like crazy. I don't blame her, Aidan was a handful. She was so glad to see me standing at the doorway since she knew that it was time for her break. 'Thank you' she said on her way out.

"Vi Vi! Play with me!" Aidan squealed. I crouched down then played with him for hours.

I hadn't realized I have fallen asleep when Ash picked me up and placed me on a bed. I opened my eyes, but he kissed my forehead and told me to go back to sleep. I fell back asleep with a smile on my face.

I woke up the next morning with something warm against my body. I looked down and saw a sleeping Aidan in my arms. He was cuddled with his special teddy. I kissed his forehead then got ready for the oncoming day. Who knew that this little boy would have a special place in my heart within a week?

I was reading a book when a knock sounded on my door. "Come in!" I said. Asher walked in and sat beside me. He wrapped his arm over my shoulder.

"Mother would like to meet with you. She wants to start your training as a queen. She's waiting in the garden." Ash stood and kissed my cheek before closing the door behind him. I sat in shock and amazement. Queen. Those words seemed so foreign.

Ash didn't specify which part of the garden, so I showed up ten minutes later. I grimaced, hoping to not get a lecture from her. She was quite known for them.

I apologized and briefly sat down. She nodded once then stood. I followed her down the garden path. She chastised me about my stance. "Straight and tall, dear. Slow and steady." Were the words she told me all afternoon. There was even a time when I tripped on my own foot.

"Remind me to let you try on different dresses." She finally said at the end of this lesson. I nodded and smiled before departing myself. I huffed a big breath, this was a long afternoon and I needed to take a break.

I met Ash in the hallways and he was about to question me, when I shook my head and walked passed him. Spending hours with his Mother was enough for me. I was fussy and I did not want to talk to anyone. I need some time alone and escape to a book.

My room was pitch-black when I entered. Flipping on the switch, I gasped when a beautiful, tall female sat on my couch. Her long, slim, and tanned legs shown on the side of her dress. She stood then strolled over, moving her hips side to side in her skin-tight black dress.

She grabbed my face, while staring wide-eyed at her. "Oh deary me. The rumors were true. The future queen is a turned vampire. Yikes, I hope Ashy the best." I stepped back. Ashy? Who does she think she is? She came into my room and judged me. Should I call for someone? I didn't know what to do. "What a shame. She doesn't know what to do. How sad." She slapped me across the face. I cupped my cheek and stumbled back. When I finally looked up, she had already disappeared into the night.

What the hell just happened? My cheek was flaming red and heating up. What an asshole! She needs to be taught some manners and stop being so slutty. Did she and Ash have a past? That worried me a bit. What if she was an ex, then I am going to be very disappointed in Ash.

I just wanted to stay cooped in my room for the rest of the night. I did not want to face anybody with me looking like this. This will cause havoc throughout the castle all night. I did not want anymore attention than I already did. Two weeks here and I've been a bad influence to Ash and caused mayhem with his family and royal guards.