Chapter 54

A/N: So this entire chapter is in Cameron's POV. It starts way back to where he just turned, and takes us to present day. I felt like I was missing out on his perspective and life, so here's a treat for you. Have a nice day. :) 

~Kitty xoxo 

Cameron POV

To say that I was nervous would be a major understatement. I was about to approach the man who saved my life. I did not know exactly how to repay him, but it wouldn't hurt to say thank you.

I had to ask a couple of guards where this mysterious Derek was and they both seemed to point to the training room at the end of the hallway. I closed my eyes and hoped to God that I didn't have to see him in a glistening, sweaty, bare chest. 

I took a deep breath and shoved the huge dark oak doors open. He was the only one in the room. I could hear his grunts, but they stopped when his head snapped towards me. I waved shyly and walked up to him. His eyes followed my every step with an expected look. I swallowed my saliva very loudly and avoided contact on his very well-sculpted chest. 

He was panting and raised an eyebrow when I stopped a few feet away from him. He was definitely intimidating and very handsome. Each time he exhaled, the muscles on his upper torso tightened. His breathing was very heavy in fact. 

I cleared my throat and wanted to make eye contact, but was interrupted by the deep ridges of abs. I heard his heart pump very loudly and I licked my suddenly dry lips. I snapped my eyes up at his baby blues and stood looking like a fool.

"Can I help you?" He asked with a knowing smirk. His deep voice sounded throughout the spacious room and echoed quite a bit. I cleared my throat once again and parted my lips when I was interrupted, "Wait, you're that kid that was hurt that one night. Yeah, I remember you. No need to thank me, it was not a problem." He snapped his gaze from mine and walked off to the edge of the room without a second look. What a jerk! Sure, he's a hottie, but so far, his personality proved otherwise. My jaws clenched then I let out a deep breath and started towards the door.

When I was about to exit, a sword flew past my head and pinned the wall in front of me. I stood frozen on the spot. Do I dare turn back? Had he been a bit closer, then my head would've been on the end of that blade right now. 

I let out a shaky breath and only turned my head so he was in the vision of the corner of my eye. I hadn't noticed that the blade had grazed the tip of my ear until blood droplets landed on my forearm. I held my chin high and turned my whole body to face him. Who exactly did he think he was? I walked in to tell him thanks, but he was definitely not deserving my gratitudes now.

He approached me in five long strides with a dark look in his eyes. I took a step back each time he stepped forward, I was eventually backed up against the wall. My head rested next to the sword- hanging from the wall. His hands placed on either side of my head. 

I hadn't noticed my breath escalating when I could only hear mine and his. My body was shaking with fear. Why was Derek treating me like this? Granted, I was still grateful that he had saved my life. Was this what I got for being nice? Such fate to be saved by the most rude man I have ever met. 

I snapped out of my thoughts when his fingertip stroked my bloodied ear. He brought the finger in front of him, observed it for a while, then did the unexpected. He had licked my blood off his fingers. I stood still in shock and my jaw to the floor. He smirked and yanked the sword out of the wall effortlessly then strutted back into the room with the doors closing behind him. How could a man be so urbane, yet be very self-conceited? Only Derek could pull that off.