Chapter 41

Asher POV

I felt the rage burst from inside of me. Lightning clashed to the sound of my roaring. I lunged at him. I will not have mercy. He. Killed. My. Father. He tortured Violet. He will never leave here. Alive. My jaw aimed right at his artery and within a second, I ripped it out. 

I will not hesitate my actions, I must do what I can to save the people I love from him. He is the monster here. He howled and stumbled backwards. I hissed and advanced forward. His blood spewed everywhere. I lunged when he was vulnerable and repeatedly bit down on his neck. Flesh after flesh, they rested beneath my fangs. The feel of his blood raining down on my body only made me crazed for more. I wanted him to suffer, little by little. 

"Bleed! I want you to bleed!" My words echoed through the battlegrounds. 

I shoved him to the ground and used my nails to rip fur and tear more flesh. I scratched at his face. I wanted him to die in a puddle of his hell. I choked him until he was coughing up blood. The grass below us got slippery from his putrid blood. He used his last strength and slammed me into another vampire. 

We recovered quickly and I ran to him. Was that he best he could do? Surely he could do so much better, since he thought that he could defeat me after killing father. My job was not done yet. He was not getting away. I roared once more into the thundering midnight. 

I tackled him down, then bent his bloody arm back to the point where his shoulder popped. He howled once more before morphing in a half-human, half-wolf. He was heaving and chuckling at the same time. I hissed once more.

"You will never know what's best for my daughter. You will never touch her as many times as I have! She will always be scarred! That can never change." He snickered then something inside of me snapped. My face hardened. This man in front of me has manifested so much hurt inside of me, that I only felt rage. I clenched my jaw and my hand plunged into the deep abyss of his chest. His eyes widened in shock. The man took a large intake of breath. It was my turn to smirk and mock. 

I put my face near his. "But you will not touch Violet's heart as much as I am touching yours. She will always be mine." I spit vile through my teeth; such hate coursed through my body. His face was horrified. I twisted my hand until a loud cracking noise sounded. I retreated my hand out of his chest and held his slowly beating heart before his face. My eyes flared with darkness. Something inside of me felt lifted but very much weighed down. The dark shadows came across my face. His eyes were widened and his mouth open as he collapsed to the ground lifeless. I threw the frozen heart on top of his dead form. 

 My chest was heaving up and down. Dead. He is finally dead. The battle had finalized. I looked around and saw wolves getting easily outnumbered by vampires. There was a heap of dead werewolves lying on the red-stained grass. The remainder of wolves jumped over the walls and ran off either yelping or howling. 

I hissed a final time before running to Father, who's form lay face first in the ground. The waves of anger and satisfaction subsided to the emotion of sadness. I was overwhelmed by the emotions coursing through my body. Could this be a terrible nightmare? Is father really gone? I collapsed to my knees. 

There were multiple claw punctures around his neck and it was lathered in scratches. I lifted his limp head onto my lap. My fingers stroked his cold, soft cheeks and I pushed his slightly graying hair away from his face. My lips were trembling. I could not take the pain anymore. I yelled into the darkness of night then doubled over in tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" My sobs were drowned out by the heavy downpour. "Father please! We all need you. Please, I'm sorry." My voice broke as my vision blurred. I was numb everywhere. My entire body was shaking. I placed my forehead against his while rocking my body back and forth. I screamed and yelled in the raging storm. "Father. I'm sorry! Don't leave me. I need you!" I tried yelling into his ears. I also shook his pale form. Anything to get my father back. Anything. His eyes stared lifelessly back at me. "Please." I whimpered. Countless tears traveled down my already wet face.

There was a pat on my shoulder and I looked at the person. Caleb kneeled beside me with his hand still resting there. His head was bowed and there were silent tears that traveled down his cheeks. His lips were trembling violently. Then I took a second to look around us and noticed how every guard was standing with their head bowed and mourned quietly. 

They cleared the way for Mother and Violet, whilst Jillian and Cameron stood behind the ring of guards. Mother walked slowly approaching the middle as if she was scared to reveal the truth. Her hand shot to her mouth. Her eyes turned glossy immediately. My stomach sank. I could not bear to look at the sight of mother's pain. She was shouting and collapsed to her knees next to Father's side.

"Raymond! No! No no no! How! Please, baby. Please get up. Please." Mother's screaming filled the night. She clutched her chest and stared up into the sky. "Please, don't leave me. I love you so much, sweetheart. Please! What about Asher? And our poor baby Aidan? What about our plans for the future? Please don't leave me." She could not speak anymore. Her mouth was moving but nothing audible came out. She doubled over and cried on top of Father's chest. 

Hearing her beg brought more tears to my eyes. Violet walked up to me and fell to my side. She was crying uncontrollably into my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Ash. This is all my fault. I am so sorry." She kept  mumbling through her sobs. I kissed my forehead and rested my head on top of hers. 

My breath was still shaky, as well as my body. The rain had calmed down to a slight trickle. The sun was barely breaking the surface. Our sobs have turned into whimpers and Violet was sniffling beside me. 

The guards left for their stations, one at a time. The rain eventually died down when my heart had come back to a steady beat. Violet looked over to me for the very first time. Her eyes had sadness all over it. I tried to dismiss the look and avoid her eye contact. She placed her hands on either side of my cheek then lifted it to force me to look at her. I closed my eyes then looked directly at her. 

"Your Father loves you. He is very proud of you. You should not think that this is your fault. Hey, look at me." She said, which made me bring my eyes to hers again. I sighed and pulled her in for a hug. 

She pulled back with a small smile that was lacking it's charm. She observed my every movement then glanced down. She gasped. "Ash, your chest. It's not healing." Her urgency brought attention to my wound, but I only shrugged. That didn't matter. I would heal once I get it stitched at the infirmary. Mother's sniffles sounded. I sighed and moved to her side and hugged her. Caleb, Cameron, and Jillian walked inside first. What about Aidan? How would he feel if he couldn't see his Father again?

Violet and I helped Mother up and supported her wobbling legs. We walked her to my parents' bedroom. She laid on the bed and stared at the wall, emotionless. Violet and I exited the room and walked to the infirmary.

Violet's eyes widened when I lifted my shirt up. The four deep gashes were slowly coming together, but not fast enough. The nurse sutured them in no time. "If Violet stays by your side for at least two hours, then the wound would heal by then." She paused then set everything down. "I'm very sorry for your lose, your majesty." She said then gave me a brief, friendly hug before excusing herself to tend another vampire. 

We bumped into Caleb, Jillian and Cameron in the hallway. They all went up to hug me without saying anything. Everyone seemed shaken up by that experience. We all nodded and walked off on our separate ways in silence.

The cool wind blew against my body as I stood on the balcony facing the woods. Violet walked up from behind and wrapped her arms around me. "I love you." She whispered with her head resting against my back. I turned and kissed her forehead then pulled her in for a big hug. 

"I love you too." I whispered in reply with a tear streaming down my cheek.

A/N: 

Personally, for me as a writer of this story, I felt something inside of me sink when I was writing this. The way Ash and his mother reacted to the king's death. I get shivers just thinking about it. I can just picture the two of them shouting into the night sky with only silence in return of their mourning. But this is a very emotional chapter. I hope you all like it. 

Have a good weekend and I will see you on Monday! Enjoy (: 

Please vote and comment. Thank you. 

~Kitty xoxo